Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Cofounder, Save the Redwoods League
- Cofounder, Galton Society
- President, New York Zoological Society (1925-37) 
- Member, Boone and Crockett Club
- Madison Grant, The passing of the great race; or, The racial basis of European history (Charles Scribner's Sons, 1916). Republished in 1918 with a preface by Henry Fairfield Osborn.
- Madison Grant, Saving the redwoods; an account of the movement during 1919 to preserve the redwoods of California (Zoological Society, 1919).
- Jonathan P. Spiro, Defending the Master Race: Conservation, Eugenics, and the Legacy of Madison Grant (University of Vermont Press, 2009). Review
- Matthew Pratt Guterl, The Color of Race in America, 1900-1940 (Harvard University Press, 2001). Review
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- BOOK REVIEW: DEFENDING THE MASTER RACE - Conservation, Eugenics, and the Legacy of Madison Grant, gather, accessed September 26, 2009.
- Elazar Barkan, The Retreat of Scientific Racism: Changing Concepts of Race in Britain and the United States between the World Wars (Cambridge University Press, 1993), p.69.