Martin Ricketts is Dean of the School of Humanities and Professor of Economic Organisation at the University of Buckingham. He graduated from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne and has a DPhil from the University of York. He has published in professional journals on the theory of the firm, aspects of public finance and housing policy. . Between 1970 and 1972 he worked as a Research Economist for John Jewkes, former president of the Mont Pelerin Society
As an economic adviser he has worked for organisations such as the Anglo-German Foundation, the Civil Engineering Contractors and the Centre for Policy Studies.  He masterminded the IEA's major Survey of Economists' Attitudes to technical and policy questions.
- Chairman of the International Advisory Council, University of Buckingham
- Industrial Policy Group, research assistant, 1970-1972
- Institute of Social and Economic Research, research fellow, 1975-1977
- National Economic Development Office, Econonic Editor, l991-1992
- Institute of Economic Affairs, managing trustee