Lord Hastings of Scarisbrick
Michael Hastings "is the Global Head of Citizenship and Diversity with KPMG – leading both areas of strategy for KPMG International and working directly with KPMG’s International Chairman Tim Flynn and CEO Mike Wareing. Previously he was the BBC’s first Head of Corporate Social Responsibility." 
"Michael Hastings is KPMG’s Global Head of Citizenship and Diversity. He was previously the BBC’s first Head of Corporate Social Responsibility having been BBC Head of Public Affairs. Michael is a non-executive Director of British Telecom and a Trustee of the Vodafone Group Foundation. He represents KPMG International on the Global Corporate Citizenship International Committee of the World Economic Forum and on the Board of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). In 2009 he became a Member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Council on Diversity and Talent. Michael is Chairman of Millennium Promise UK and sits on BiTC's International Leadership Board ( Business in the Community ) and in 2010 was a leading advisor to the Chatham House enquiry into the Future Role of the UK in Foreign Affairs.
"In January 2003, Michael was awarded a CBE in recognition of his services to crime reduction, including 15 years as Chairman of Crime Concern and 21 as a Trustee. He was also a strategic policy adviser to Lord John Stevens QPM, the former London Metropolitan Police Commissioner and served on the Commission for Racial Equality for nine years as a Commissioner. He is listed as one of the 100 most influential black people in Britain. In 2005, Michael was awarded the honour of an independent peerage to the House of Lords by Her Majesty The Queen. In the same year he also received the UNICEF award from the Chancellor for his ‘outstanding contribution to understanding and effecting solutions for Africa’s children’. Michael is President of Zane - a development aid agency focussed on Zimbabwe."
- Ambassador, Prospects
- Director, Millennium Promise 
- Council Member, Overseas Development Institute
- Board of Reference, Transformational Business Network 
- Counselor, One Young World
- Vodafone UK Foundation
- Director, African Philanthropy Forum 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Council, Overseas Development Institute, accessed November 24, 2008.
- Prospects Ambassadors, organizational web page, accessed July 10, 2012.
- Board, Millennium Promise, accessed April 7, 2011.
- Board of Reference, Transformational Business Network, accessed December 22, 2008.
- Board, African Philanthropy Forum, accessed January 18, 2021.