National Islamic Front (NIF) is the political organization that controls Sudan.
NIF is an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood, which is an Egyptian terrorist group. The NIF accommodated Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda in Sudan. 
Related SourceWatch Resources
Articles & Commentary
- "Sudan's National Islamic Front, a brief recap," Arabic News, January 26, 1998.
- Dan Connel, "The battle for Sudan's identity," Al-Ahram Weekly, May 11-17, 2000.
- "Bin Laden's Life in Sudan. Into the Development Of Osama's Viewpoints," Jihad Unspun, November 24, 2001. ("Reprinted from London Al-Quds al-Arabi, Translated from Original Arabic Text.")
- Eric Reeves, "Can Peace Ever Be Made with the National Islamic Front?" sudanreeves.org, June 13, 2003.
- Eric Reeves, "Khartoum’s National Islamic Front: A Pattern of Evil," Sudan Tribune, February 25, 2004.
- Eric Reeves, "Obscenities of Bad Faith: The National Islamic Front Scorns the International Community in Darfur, Seeks US Help in Asserting Absolute Primacy of Shari'a in Khartoum," genocidewatch.org, April 16, 2004.