Neal A. Puckett
Lt. Col. Neal A. Puckett (U.S. Marine Corps, Ret.), a practicing attorney since 1984, is a former military criminal defense attorney who has defended "service members from all branches of the Armed Forces" and a "former military trial judge and Law Center Director in Okinawa, Japan." 
- Master of Laws (LL.M), Criminal Law, University of San Diego School of Law (1989).
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), Indiana University School of Law (1984).
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, double major in Psychology and Speech Communication, Indiana University (1977).
- Master of Arts (M.A.), National Security & Strategic Studies, U.S. Naval War College (1993).
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska.
- Adjunct Professor, Legal Education, Chapman University, Orange, California.
- Adjunct Professor, Legal Education, National University, San Diego, California.
- Licensed to practice law in all military installations around the world, the Commonwealth of Virginia, the State of Indiana, and the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces.
Murtha & Haditha
"The suit accuses Murtha of spreading 'false and malicious lies' about Wuterich and his squad that were 'intended to serve his own private purpose and interests' and that Murtha's comments 'have been reproduced by countless third parties throughout the world'," the Associated Press reported August 2, 2006.
The suit "says many of Murtha's remarks were made outside his 'scope of employment as a congressman.'"
2181 Jamieson Avenue, Suite 1505
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: 202 340-0069
FAX: 202 318-7652
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Lt. Col. Neal A. Puckett, Creighton University School of Law.
Articles & Commentary
- Art Moore, "Lt. Col. West fined $5,000. Avoids court martial for using shock tactics to save lives," WorldNetDaily, December 12, 2003.
- Josh White, "General Demoted, But Cleared in Abuse Probe," Washington Post, May 6, 2005.
- Josh White, "Marine Says Rules Were Followed. Sergeant Describes Hunt for Insurgents in Haditha, Denies Coverup," Washington Post, June 11, 2006.
- Rowan Scarborough, "Marine may call Murtha as witness," Washington Times, June 15, 2006.
- "Marine in Haditha Case Accuses Congressman," Associated Press (Washington Post), August 2, 2006.