Office of Special Studies
The Office of Special Studies was established in 1943 as a joint venture between the Rockefeller Foundation and the Mexican government in the Mexican Agricultural Program, which would later be known as the Green Revolution. It had two goals: increasing the level of national food production in Mexico, and training Mexican agricultural scientists. The Office of Special Studies is sometimes referred to by its acronyms in either English (OSS) or Spanish (OEE).
The Office of Special Studies was a unit within Mexico's Ministry of Agriculture. However, its director, J. George Harrar, was an employee of the Rockefeller Foundation, and he reported to the Mexican Minister of Agriculture. For more information, see the Mexican Agricultural Program.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Arthur Theodore Mosher, Technical co-operation in Latin-American agriculture, 1976, p. 108