Oriental Environmental Institute
The Oriental Environmental Institute, "which is based in Beijing, was founded in 2002 as an NGO by Professor Qu Geping, who serves as its President. Professor Qu Geping is a world-renowned environmental expert and advocate for China’s environmental protection policy. Maurice Strong is Honorary Chairman of the institute. OEI has been established to advance strategic management of sustainable environmental development. In cooperation with regional and international organizations and NGOs, OEI contributes to the study, promotion, and dissemination of policies and laws, science and technologies, and industrial development in the field of environmental and resource conservation." 
The Institute is a member of the Earth Council Alliance.
- Professor Qu Geping - President
- Maurice Strong - Honorary Chairman
- Li Jingchan - Deputy President
- Jing Wenyong - Deputy President
- Wu Baozhong - Deputy President
- Oriental Environmental Institute, Earth Council Alliance, accessed August 27, 2008.