|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
"Peter Russell is the widely acclaimed author of the bestseller The Global Brain and other pioneering works. He is a fellow of the Institute of Noetic Sciences, of The World Business Academy and of The Findhorn Foundation, and an Honorary Member of The Club of Budapest.
"He earned an honors degree in theoretical physics and psychology at University of Cambridge, England. He had studied mathematics and theoretical physics. Then, as he became increasingly fascinated by the mysteries of the human mind, he changed to experimental psychology. Pursuing this interest, he traveled to India to study meditation and eastern philosophy, and on his return took up the first research post ever offered in Britain on the psychology of meditation. He also has a post-graduate degree from University of Cambridge in computer science, where he studied under Stephen Hawking and conducted some of the early work on 3-dimensional displays, presaging by some twenty years the advent of virtual reality...
"In the mid-seventies Peter Russell joined forces with Tony Buzan and helped teach "Mind Maps" and learning methods to a variety of international organizations and educational institutions.
"Since then his corporate programs have focused increasingly on self-development, creativity, stress management, and sustainable environmental practices. Clients have included IBM, Apple, Digital, American Express, Barclays Bank, Swedish Telecom, ICI, Shell Oil and British Petroleum.
"His principal interest is the deeper, spiritual significance of the times we are passing through. He has written several books in this area: The TM Technique, The Upanishads, The Brain Book, The Global Brain Awakens, The Creative Manager, The Consciousness Revolution, Waking Up in Time, and From Science to God.
"As one of the more revolutionary futurists Peter Russell has been a keynote speaker at many international conferences, in Europe, Japan and the USA. His multi-image shows and videos, The Global Brain and The White Hole in Time have won praise and prizes from around the world. In 1993, the environmental magazine Buzzworm voted him "Eco-Philosopher Extraordinaire" of the year. "
- Advisory Board, Integral Review
- Club of Budapest: Members
- World Commission on Global Consciousness and Spirituality
- Member, Future Shapers Collaborative
- Founding Signatory, Evolutionary Leaders Forum
- Member, Scientific and Medical Network 
- Sustainability Board, Lifeboat Foundation 
- Keynote Speaker, Twelth International Conference on Science and Consciousness 
Resources and articles
- Advisory Board, Integral Review, accessed December 16, 2011.
- Scientific and Medical Network Member, organizational web page, accessed February 3, 2012.
- Lifeboat Foundation Board, organizational web page, accessed July 10, 2013.
- Twelth International Conference on Science and Consciousness Speakers, organizational web page, accessed July 12, 2013.