Peter Shaw Ashton
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Peter Shaw Ashton, 1999-Present Charles Bullard Research Professor of Forestry, Harvard University. Cv
- 1980-86 Trustee: Massachusetts Horticultural Society.
- 1987-89 Medals Committee Member: Massachusetts Horticultural Society.
- 1980-86 Corporation Member: Boston Museum of Science.
- 1983-86 Trustee: New England Wildflower Society.
- 1983-85 First Chairman of the Board: Coolidge Center for Environmental Leadership.
- 1983-94 Trustee: Coolidge Center for Environmental Leadership.
- 1985 -2001 Trustee: Mount Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- 1987-93 President: International Association of Botanic Gardens and Arboreta.
- 1987-89 Trustee: Fauna and Flora Preservation Society (U.S.).
- 1988-93 Founding President: Center for Plant Conservation, Inc.
- 1989-96 Member, Board of Governors: The Nature Conservancy.
1981 U.S. Dept. of State and AID Strategy Conference on Biological Diversity. Private sector contribution, at Washington, D.C.
- 1983 Consultant to Ford Foundation to evaluate forest biological research currently undertaken in India.
- 1984 World Wildlife Fund, U.S., Plant Conservation Program. Participant, scientific advisory meeting to discuss strategies of plant conservation in Latin America, at Washington, D.C.
- 1986 Rockefeller Foundation. Advisor, contributor of background paper for conference on tropical deforestation, at Bellagio, Italy, 1-2 July 1987.
- 1987-88 Contract (with T. Panayotou) with International Tropical Timber Organization, through HIID, to review the case for multiple-use management of tropical hardwood forests.
- 1991 Co-founder of the Center for Tropical Forest Sciences (CTFS) of the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (STRI)
- 1987-90 Conservation efforts of the Malayan Nature Society. (Acted as principal and agent for this grant to MNS). John D. and Catharine T.MacArthur Foundation