Raoul Wallenberg Institute
The Raoul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law "is an independent academic institution. The Institute is named after Raoul Wallenberg, the Swedish diplomat, in order to honour his work in the cause of humanity.
"The mission of the Institute is to promote universal respect for human rights and humanitarian law by means of research, academic education, dissemination and institutional development. The vision of the Institute is to be a centre of excellence meeting the highest international standards in all its fields of operation. Our core values are respect, integrity, inclusiveness and inspiration." 
"Established in 1984 at the Faculty of Law at Lund University, Sweden, the Institute is currently involved in organising three Master Programmes and an interdisciplinary human rights programme at the undergraduate level. Host to one of the largest human rights libraries in northern Europe and engaged in various research and publication activities, the Raoul Wallenberg Institute provides researchers and students with a conducive study environment.
"With funding from, among others, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), a wide range of training and capacity building programmes in the field of human rights are carried out in Sweden and abroad." 
Accessed August 2008: 
Board of Trustees
"The Raoul Wallenberg Institute is governed by a Board now consisting of eleven Trustees. The terms of office for the Trustees expire on 30 June 2008. At present, the Board of Trustees has the following members:
- Hans Corell, Chairman
- Birgitta Berggren, Vice Chairman
- Lena Hjelm-Wallén
- Leif Holmström
- Agneta Lindelöf
- Leif Ljungholm
- Lena Olsson, Staff Representative
- Nils-Erik Åhmansson
- Ove Bring
- Borje Ljunggren
- Christina Moëll
The Board of Trustees has also the following honorary members:
- Gunnar Lagergren, Judge, former Marshal of the Realm, former Chairman
- Carl Gustaf Andrén, Professor, former Chancellor of the Universities, former Chairman
- Lennart Pålsson, Professor, former Trustee
Past Chairmen of the Board
- Gunnar Lagergren, Judge, former Marshal of the Realm, 1984-1990
- Carl Gustaf Andren, Professor, former Chancellor of the Universities, 1990-1999
- Göran Melander, Professor, 1999-2006
Past Directors of RWI
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Home, Raoul Wallenberg Institute, accessed August 22, 2008.
- Raoul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law, Raoul Wallenberg Institute, accessed August 22, 2008.
- Trustees, Raoul Wallenberg Institute, accessed August 22, 2008.