Richard Healey "founded the Grassroots Policy Project in 1993. He was previously Director of the Institute for Policy Studies. Richard has served as the director of the Coalition for a New Foreign and Military Policy and Nuclear Times. He was a co-founder of the Study Circle Resource Center. He received his Ph.D. in mathematics from UCLA and a Masters in Public Health from Harvard. Richard is co-host of a morning radio talk show, "Dialogue with Dorothy and Richard Healey" on 89.3 WPFW in Washington, Wednesdays at 11:30am." 
- Advisory Board, Center For Social Inclusion
- Director, Race Forward 
- Advisory Group, Government Alliance on Race and Equity 
Resources and articles
- Meet the Staff and Board of the Grassroots Policy Project, Grassroots Policy Project, accessed July 8, 2007.
- Race Forward Board, organizational web page, accessed November 15, 2018.
- Government Alliance on Race and Equity Advisory Group, organizational web page, accessed November 15, 2018.