Robert I. Wexler is President of the S. Daniel Abraham Center for Middle East Peace. A Democrat, he previously served as a U.S. Representative for the 19th Congressional district of Florida 1997 to 2010.
- 1 Record and controversies
- 2 Biography
- 3 Money in politics
- 4 Committees and affiliations
- 5 More background data
- 6 Articles and resources
Record and controversies
Wexler voted for the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 that started the Iraq War.
Support for gun control
Wexler cosponsored H.R 1022 (Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2007) on March 9, 2007.
- Main article: U.S. gun legislation
Reparations for Japanese Latin Americans
Wexler cosponsored The Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment of Latin Americans of Japanese Descent Act in the 110th Congress which would establish a commission that would determine the facts and circumstances involving the relocation, internment and deportation of Japanese Latin Americans.
- Main article: Redress for Japanese Latin Americans/ U.S. legislation#Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment of Latin Americans of Japanese Descent Act of 2007
Wexler was born January 2, 1961 in New York City. He was educated at Emory University, the University of Florida and the George Washington University School of Law, and was a lawyer before entering the House. Rep. Wexler is Jewish, and very active on Israeli issues.
Wexler was elected to the House in 1996, and is currently a Co-Chair with Rep. Ed Whitfield (R-KY) on the Congressional Study Group on Turkey, administered by the United States Association of Former Members of Congress. 
|This information was gathered by volunteer researchers as part of the Superdelegate Transparency Project on the superdelegates for the 2008 Democratic presidential primary. For more info see the Florida superdelegate tracker or visit the STP homepage.|
Money in politics
This section contains links to – and feeds from – money in politics databases. <crpcontribdata>cid=N00002905&cycle=2006</crpcontribdata>
|Links to more campaign contribution information for Robert Wexler
from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org site.
|Fundraising profile:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by organization/corporation:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by industry:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
- Revolving door profile for Robert Wexler from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- 2006 privately funded travel profile for Robert Wexler from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- Personal finance profile for Robert Wexler from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
Committees and affiliations
- House Committee on Financial Services
- Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Insurance, and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Subcommittee on Domestic and International Monetary Policy, Trade, and Technology
- Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
- House Committee on the Judiciary
- Subcommittee on Courts, the Internet, and Intellectual Property
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Subcommittee on Europe and Emerging Threats -Chair
- Subcommittee on Middle East and Central Asia
Committee assignments in the 109th Congress (2005-2006)
- House Committee on International Relations
- Subcommittee on Europe and Emerging Threats - Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on International Terrorism and Nonproliferation
- House Committee on the Judiciary
- Subcommittee on Task Force on Antitrust
- Subcommittee on Courts the Internet and Intellectual Property
Caucuses and coalitions
- Congressional Friends of Animals
- Co-founder, Congressional Taiwan Caucus
- India Caucus
- Co Founder, Indonesia Caucus
- Co Founder, Co Chair, Intellectual Property Promotion and Piracy Prevention Caucus
- New Democratic Coalition
- American Representative, North Atlantic Treaty Organization Parliamentary Assembly
- Serbia Caucus
- Silk Road Caucus
- Co Founder, US-Turkish Relations Caucus
Boards and other affiliations
- Board of Directors, Boca Raton Museum of Art
- Board of Directors, Caldwell Theater
- Calusa Elementary School Parent Teacher Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Congressional Advisory Board, Humpty Dumpty Institute
More background data
Articles and resources
- Official website
- Campaign website
- Congressional bioguide
- Robert Wexler's Colbert Report interview. (Other Colbert Report interviews with members of Congress)
- Colbert Report follow-up report on the original Wexler interview, July 25, 2006. (from You Tube) (Other Colbert Report segments pertaining to Congress)
- Open Secrets - 2006 congressional races database