Salim Ahmed Salim
Dr. Salim Ahmed Salim, "who concluded his term of office as Secretary General of the Organization of African Unity on 17 September 2001 after serving an unprecedented three terms covering a period of twelve years, is now involved in several activities. He has functions and responsibilities at national, continental and international levels.
"At the national (Tanzania) level he is serving as the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of The Mwalimu Nyerere Foundation. He is also the Chancellor of the Hubert Kairuki Memorial University.
"At the continental level, following the invitation of the President of the African Development Bank, he has since March, 2002 been acting as African Water Ambassador whose responsibilities include advocacy, sensitization, and mobilization of support on African water issues. He also serves as:
- Chairperson, Advisory Board, Institute of Security Studies (ISS) based in Pretoria, South Africa.
- Chairperson of the International Board of Trustees, Africa Humanitarian Action (AHI) based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Member and Chairperson of the Advisory Board of Trustees of the Institute of Peace, Leadership and Governance, Africa University, Mutare, Zimbabwe.
"At international level, Dr. Salim serves in the following Boards, Panels/Commission 
- Co-chair, Eminent Persons Group (EPG) on Small Arms and Light Weapons (Secretariat, based in Washington DC);
- Member of the Board of the South Centre (Secretariat based in Geneva);
- Member, Policy Advisory Commission, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO);
- Member of the Foundation Council, Centre of Humanitarian Dialogue based in Geneva.
- Advisor, Center on International Cooperation
- Director, Mo Ibrahim Foundation