"Samuel S. Epstein, M.D. is professor emeritus of Environmental and Occupational Medicine at the University of Illinois School of Public Health, and Chairman of the Cancer Prevention Coalition. He has published some 260 peer reviewed articles, and authored or co-authored 11 books including: the prize-winning 1978 The Politics of Cancer; the 1995 Safe Shopper's Bible; the 1998 Breast Cancer Prevention Program; the 1998 The Politics of Cancer, Revisited; the 2001 GOT (Genetically Engineered) MILK! The Monsanto rBGH/BST Milk Wars Handbook; the 2001 Unreasonable Risk. How to Avoid Cancer from Cosmetics and Personal Care Products: The Neways Story; the 2005 Cancer-Gate: How to Win the Losing Cancer War; the 2006 What's In Your Milk?; and the 2009 Toxic Beauty (with Randall Fitzgerald)....
"His past professional society involvement includes: founder of the Environmental Mutagen Society; President of the Society for Occupational and Environmental Health; President of the Rachel Carson Council; and advisor to environmental, citizen activist and organized labor groups.
"His numerous honors include: the 1969 Society of Toxicology Achievement Award; the 1977 National Wildlife Federation Conservancy Award; the 1989 Environmental Justice Award; the 1998 Right Livelihood Award ("Alternative Nobel Prize") for international contributions to cancer prevention; the 1999 Bioneers Award; the 2000 Project Censored Award ("Alternative Pulitzer Prize" for investigative journalism) for an article critiquing the American Cancer Society, and the 2005 Albert Schweitzer Golden Grand Medal for Humanitarianism from the Polish Academy of Medicine, and the 2007 Dragonfly Award from Beyond Pesticides. Dr. Epstein has extensive media experience with: numerous regional and national radio programs, including NPR; major TV programs, including Sixty Minutes, Face the Nation, Meet the Press, McNeil/Lehrer, Donohue, Good Morning America, and the Today Show; Canadian, European, Australian and Japanese TV; and numerous editorials and letters to leading national newspapers. "
- Director, Institute of Science in Society 
- Associate Editor (1993), The Ecologist
- Advisory Board, Fluoride Action Network 
- Advisory Board, Healthy Child Healthy World 
Resources and articles
- Cancer Prevention Coalition Samuel Epstein, organizational web page, accessed February 26, 2013.
- Institute of Science in Society About, organizational web page, accessed October 13, 2013.
- Fluoride Action Network Team, organizational web page, accessed May 11, 2014.
- Healthy Child Healthy World Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed June 13, 2014.