Sendai Shiogama Port
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Japan and coal.|
Sendai Shiogama Port is in Miyagi Prefecture, Japan, on the coast of the North Pacific Ocean.
The port receives coal from Indonesia and Australia, purchased by Joban Kyodo Electric Power (owned by Tokyo Electric and Tohoku Electric Power Co) for its Nakoso thermal plant in Fukushima prefecture.
- Location: Miyagi Prefecture, Japan
- Coal Capacity (Million tonnes per annum):
- Status: Operating
- Type: Imports
- Source of Coal: Indonesia and Australia
Articles and resources
- "Port in battered NE Japan welcomes foreign freighter," Reuters, May 27, 2011
- “Operation and Construction Plans of Coal-Fired Thermal Plants in Japan,” Kiko Network, 17 October 2014
- "Construction plans for Japan's coal power stations," Reuters, Dec 11, 2014