Jump to navigation Jump to search
September 11 is a notable date in these years:
- In 1921 NAHALAL (Eretz Israel); the first moshav was established in the Jezreel Valley. 
- In 1922 The British mandate of Palestine begins. British guns killed tens of thousands of Palestinian Arabs, displacing them from their homes and settlements that were then given to Jewish settlers. More than 1,200 villages were totally destroyed by the British in collaboration with Jewish militants. Since that time, more than 3 mm Palestinians have been made homeless, and more than 100,000 have been killed by British, American and Israeli soldiers, to make room for Jewish settlers in contravention of international law, and in violation of no less than 30 directives of the Fourth Geneva Convention. 
- In 1941, on that date, ground was broken on the Pentagon site, laying the ground for sixty years of world domination and Empire.
- In 1973 Augusto Pinochet, a Chilean general, invaded the Chilean parliament and overthrew the goverment of Salvador Allende. This was a direct initiative of Henry Kissinger, whom Allende had said "didn't have the balls" to perform this coup. In the next four years, 4000 people were killed.
- In 1974 the government of Ethiopia was overthrown in a bloody coup
- In 2001 hijacked planes were flown into the Pentagon and the World Trade Center; another hijacked plane was diverted into a field in Pennsylvania. The collapse of the Trade Center's twin towers killed about 3000 people that day, and released asbestos and other toxic waste into the air.
See also the Wikipedia list
Prior events :
- Sept. 11, 1609 Henry Hudson "discovers" (i.e. steals) Manhattan Island. Blankets infected with bubonic plague and smallpox are given to the natives so the colonial armies can save bullets. In the NY area alone, more than 150,000 First Nations people are killed or left homeless in the ensuing years.
- Sept. 11, 1839 President Martin van Buren, through the US state department, tried to have the executive branch interfere with the judiciary, in order to have a group of Africans, free men by American law at the time, returned to their "rightful owners," the Spanish Crown, and sent to Cuba for detention followed by trial and execution, even though US law at the time stated clearly that only slaves born into slavery were legally slaves in the United States.
- Sept. 11, 1917 Ferdinand Marcos (Philippines president from1965 to '86) is born. His US sponsored military dictatorship and death squads trained at Fort Benning, Georgia were responsible for the death of tens of thousands of Philippinos. Hundreds of thousands more were tortured, mutilated and had their homes burnt to the ground with US state department approval.
- Sept. 11, 1919 The US once again invades Honduras on behalf of the United Fruit Company to put down a popular revolt against a US puppet dictatorship that had been murdering, starving and torturing the populace at the behest of United Fruit for decades.
- Sept. 11, 1946 US troops land in Korea to begin the slaughter of Korean civilians at Nogun-Ri and hundreds of other sites. In all, more than 3 mm Koreans lose their lives, out of a combined North and South Korean population of 30 mm.