Sewage Sludge in Baker, FL
Sewage Sludge in Baker, FL describes a 2011 issue with sewage sludge dumping in Baker, FL, a town in Okaloosa County in the Florida panhandle. Residents report a smell so bad they thought an animal had died. They found that the smell came from Crook Creek Farms applying Class B Biosolids (sewage sludge) to land.
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- "What they found was a legal disposal site for treated human waste," WEAR TV, September 9, 2011, Accessed September 14, 2011.
- Crestview Politics Uncensored blog, All posts tagged "biosolid."
- Paula Kelley, "Waste dump making a stink in Baker," Crestview Bulletin, September 12, 2011.
- "What they found was a legal disposal site for treated human waste," WEAR TV, September 9, 2011.
- "Risk Of Illness Increases With Use Of Sewage Sludge As Fertilizer," Crestview Politics Uncensored, September 8, 2011.
- "Photographs of Baker Sewage Dumping," Crestview Politics Uncensored, September 8, 2011.
- David L Lewis, David K Gattie, Marc E Novak, Susan Sanchez, and Charles Pumphrey, "Interactions of pathogens and irritant chemicals in land-applied sewage sludges (biosolids)," BMC Pubic Health, 2002, 2:11.