Soma Core power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Japan and coal.|
Soma Core power station is a 112-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Fukushima Prefecture, Japan.
The satellite photo below shows the location of the plant in Soma city, Fukushima prefecture, Japan.
Background on Plant
According to the project EIA, a private joint development company in the city of Soma is developing a 112 MW coal- and biomass-fired plant for the Soma core industrial park. Construction is planned for August 2015, and operations by March 2018.
As of August 2018 the plant had entered commercial operation.
- Sponsor: Soma Kyodo Jikahatsu Kaihatsu godo kaisha
- Parent Company: Soma Kyodo Jikahatsu Kaihatsu godo kaisha
- Location: Soma city, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan
- Coordinates: 37.831844, 140.940642 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 112 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service: 2018
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- EIA, Feb 17, 2015
- "The thermal power plant planning new company founded in Soma, to '17 running," 47 News, May 27, 2014
- Soma Energy Park Begins Using MHPS-TOMONI at Pulverized Coal-Biomass Power Plant, MarketWatch, Aug. 20, 2018