Special Adviser

From SourceWatch
Jump to navigation Jump to search

A Special Adviser, in the British political system, is an adviser retained by a Minister to give political advice. Although technically a civil servant, a special adviser does not have to have risen through the civil service ranks, and can be an external appointment.

Special advisers are often given the derogatory name "spin doctor" [1].

Current and former special advisers in British politics

Other SourceWatch resources

External links