Stella Tamang "is revolutionizing education for rural Nepalese women. She is improving antiquated curricula by adding hands-on skills training programs and income generation activities that give parents an incentive to keep their girls in school. In doing so, she is giving girls a practical alternative to urban sweatshops." 
"Stella Tamang was chair of the International Women's Caucus at the third session of the Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues and is the chair of the South Asia Indigenous Women Forum and an advisor of Nepal Tamang Women Ghedung. She founded Bikalpa Gyan Kendra in Nepal to provide an education and contribute to students' livelihood by combining book learning with practical skills. She also is a member of Cultural Survival's Program Council." 
- Fellow, Ashoka
- International Committee, International Fellowship of Reconciliation
- Program Council, Cultural Survival 
- Council Member, Minority Rights Group 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Stella Tamang, Ashoka, accessed August 20, 2007.
- Our Land, Our Identity, Our Freedom: A Roundtable Discussion, Znet, accessed August 20, 2007.
- Program Council, Cultural Survival, accessed August 17, 2007.
- Council Members, Minority Rights Group International, accessed February 26, 2008.