Talk:Accra Climate Change Talks 2008
- Clean Development Mechanism http://cdm.unfccc.int/index.html
- Land Use, Land-Use Change and Forestry (LULUCF) also have Deforestation and climate change redirecting to LULUCF; also a redirect on LULUCF
- Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation in Developing Countries (REDD)
Vanessa Wishart 15:47, 12 September 2008 (EDT)
There are no citations for the quotes in this paragraph. Should they be added?
- discussion of a proposal to establish "a contact group on mitigation in the context of technology transfer and financing." This followed proposals advanced at the June meeting in Bonn by Mexico, Switzerland, Norway, China, and others. These discussions would address ways of funding adaptation strategies. Delegates had been requested by the UNFCCC to consider "institutional arrangements for delivering enhanced cooperation on technology and financing for adaptation and mitigation". The ENB noted that discussions would canvass "technical issues such as the structure and governance of any possible new funds or institutional frameworks under the Convention."
I'm not sure how to fix the following paragraph. I think it's missing a verb in the first part of the first sentence, but it is also slightly confusing as a whole.
The ENB noted that AWG-KP role of identifying ways of reaching emission reduction targets by "the flexible mechanisms" of Emissions trading, Joint Implementation and the Clean Development Mechanism; "land use, land-use change and forestry" (LULUCF); "sectoral approaches; and "greenhouse gases, sectors and source categories. ENB noted that in Accra, the working group "is scheduled to conclude its analysis, allowing parties to negotiate actual emission reduction ranges at the COP/MOP in Poznań, Poland in December 2008.".
- Thanks, Vanessa. The citation you ask about appears before the bulleted list (ref #2). And I agree about the paragraph being confusing. I went back to the original citation to understand what it was trying to say and reworded it. Let me know if you think it's understandable now, or if it needs more work.
- Diane Farsetta 11:22, 16 September 2008 (EDT)
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named