Christian Bailey ref: many details, unchecked
- christianbailey dot com on blogdex - citations unchecked
--Hugh Manatee 06:23, 1 Dec 2005 (EST)
Christian Bailey, Corrente:
- March 18, 2001:
Christian Bailey is a principal of Lincoln Capital and manages their Lincoln Futures Fund. That fund has returned 187% since its inception in December 2000.
Previously, Bailey was the Founder and CEO of Express Action, a provider of international trade logistics solutions. Express Action handles all the complexity of international import duties, taxes, regulations and customs clearance online, making an international order just as transparent and simple as a domestic one. This allows buyers and sellers to participate globally in exchanges, e-procurement and web-enabled supply-chains. After founding the company and recruiting the core team, Bailey secured $15M in first round venture and debt funding and led the growth of the company during its first year. He had been previously been working actively with the Internet since 1991 and acted as an advisor to several of the earliest European e-businesses.
Before founding Express Action, Bailey was head of the Emerging Companies Group at Linck Corporate Finance PLC, where he funded and helped develop high-growth technology companies. Before joining Linck, he was Founder and CEO of ITG, a computer services company with a global supply-chain which was acquired in 1998. He also worked at Kleinwort Benson before their acquisition by Dresdner Bank and in Barclays Bank's International Corporate Group.
Bailey is an FAA-certified helicopter and airplane pilot and holds a BA and a MA in Economics and Management from the University of Oxford.
- July 21, 2001:
Christian Bailey serves as President of Lincoln Asset Managment LLC whose principal fund has returned 184% since its inception in December 2000. Prior to founding Lincoln Asset Management, Bailey traded derivatives for his own account with a consistently successful track record for over eight years.
In addition to trading, Bailey has also committed to entrepreneurial and organizational roles. After graduating with a BA in Economics and Management from the University of Oxford, Bailey founded three companies over four years. The last one, Express Action Inc, successfully raised $15M in first round debt and equity funding and grew to 45 employees under Bailey's leadership. The company was subsequently acquired.
Bailey gained experience on the money market and derivatives desks at Kleinwort Benson before their acquisition by Dresdner Bank. He also worked in Barclays Bank's International Corporate Group.
Bailey also enjoys the opportunity to apply risk management and judgment in the world of aviation and is an FAA-certified helicopter and airplane pilot.
- Scrolling down the page, you come across contact info: email Baily at christian.bailey AT iraqex.com ... www.iraqex.com redirects to the Lincoln Group web page. (See Lincoln Group article for explanation on corp name change.)
- Companies Currently Offering Vetting/Due Diligence Services in Iraq. Scroll down to LG entry.
The gold mine comes from Billmon's June 13, 2005, "Blowback," Moon of Alabama blog. It takes some time, but loaded with info on both Bailey and Lincoln.
- Emails: Christian Bailey to Nick Confessore and Price Roe ["Houston resident with a BA in History from Colgate and an MBA from Harvard in 2000. Roe (now in Justice Dept) worked for Rove in 2000, doing outreach and e-campaigning for Bush."]
- Anna Schneider-Mayerson, "Meet D.C.’s Hostess of the Mostest," New York Sun, February 3, 2004: "'There’s that tradition of grand dame hostesses in D.C. I think Jenny’s like the 21st-century version,' says Christian Bailey, 28, a buyout fund manager whose taste of the social scene at Ms. Lee’s swayed him to move to Washington from New York."
- Check out the other "party-goers".
- Lincoln Alliance Corp. shares the address: 1130 17th St. NW Suite 400 Washington, DC. 20036 with at least two law firms.
Reuss & Miller
Bisceglie & Walsh
Their phone numbers are 6 digits apart, but they share a fax line.
Bisceglie & Walsh have been the attorneys for David Kaczynski (brother of the unabomber) and for the scientologists.
In 2003, The Transitional Islamic State of Afghanistan retained Bisceglie & Walsh to help put its house back in order in the wake of the collapse of the Taliban regime.
- 'In 2004, the Internal Revenue Service restored the tax-exempt status of the Lincoln Foundation - a step that some tax and election law experts say was highly unusual." 
Express Action Inc.
Probably not this one:
- Express Action Inc., 244 5th Ave Ste M261, New York, NY. SIC: Telephone Communications, Except Radiotelephone. Line of Business: Business Services.
Bailey was a speaker at "Private Equity World Middle East 2005", September 19-21, 2005, held at The Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai, UAE - United Arab Emirates: 
Christian Bailey, Executive Vice President, Lincoln Group
- As Executive Vice President, Christian Bailey is responsible for evaluating and structuring investment transactions in Iraq, as well as the development of key partner and co-investor relationships. Investments completed to date range across several sectors including steel reprocessing at six sites near Basra, property in Baghdad, and two brick factories near Erbil.
- Lincoln Group also supports DOD in a number of strategic communications campaigns, including the contract for all PR and public outreach for Coalition Forces across Iraq.
- Note: Although LC may be contracted to DOD, it is doubtful that it is providing all PR for all Coalition members.
- Mr. Bailey formerly served as Managing Director at Lincoln Assent Management Group where he led the defense technology private equity group. Previously, Mr. Bailey founded Akaru, an international trade logistics provider which became the largest worldwide in automating customs clearance and settlement and was ultimately acquired by NewChannel in 2001. He subsequently served as an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at AVF Ventures in Palo Alto, CA where he advised portfolio companies and identified, evaluated and developed emerging technology investments, including sourcing an nurturing spin-outs from Raytheon and Kodak.
- Note: His Lincoln Group bio calls AVF Ventures "Akaru's Venture Capital"
- Mr. Bailey serves on the boards of DonorsChoose and the Oxonian Society, and as Co-Chairman of Lead21 in New York. He holds a Bachelors and a Masters in Economics and Management from the University of Oxford.
- Claims about DonorsChoose and Oxonian Society cannot be substantiated.
Garance Franke-Ruta's comment re SourceWatch article
In a November 2005 post over at The American Prospect Garance Franke-Ruta  referring to the SourceWatch article wrote "I called the Lincoln Group to confirm some of what I'd found online, and, surprise, surprise, it turns out you can't trust everything you read on the internet. Lincoln Group spokesperson Laurie Adler says that the SourceWatch assertion that Lincoln Group executive vice president Christian Bailey, who she says is just 30, was "NYC Co-Chair, Republican National Convention," is simply false."
Garance Franke-Ruta got it wrong. What appears on the SourceWatch page is is "Other Affiliations: * Lead21: Member, Board of Directors (2004-2005) and Lead21 NYC Co-Chair, Republican National Convention/U.S. presidential election, 2004  (http:// www.lead21.org/page4.html)
Franke-Ruta read the "Lead21 NYC Co-Chair, Republican National Convention" (where the "Republican National Convention" was linked to the RNC SW page and therefore highlighted in blue) as being "NYC Co- Chair, Republican National Convention". Garance Franke-Ruta then concluded his error was SourceWatch's.
An GovExec article confirmed that Bailey was at the RNC convention with Lead21 and noted that "Click on the links to Lead21's site today and no mention of Bailey is to be found" and that Bailey did an interview "during a Lead21 party at the Republican convention in New York."--Bob Burton 22:50, 26 Jan 2006 (EST)