Talk:Property and Environment Research Center
Ties to the Koch brothers
PERC has received funding from organizations linked to the Koch brothers. The Charles G. Koch Foundation reported giving $14,500 to the Political Economy Research Center in 2003 and $20,000 to the Property and Environment Research Center in 2004. The Claude R. Lambe Foundation gave $10,000 to the Political Economy Research Center in 2003. Both are Koch Family Foundations. According to Greenpeace, PERC is a member of the State Policy Network.
Senior Fellow Jonathan Adler contributes to the Volokh Conspiracy blog at the Washington Post.
In response to the EPA's June 2, 2014 announcement of new coal emission standards, senior fellow Jonathan H. Adler wrote that reducing emissions to 30% below 2005 levels was "an exercise in unreality" and would require "require nothing short of a technological revolution." While acknowledging that climate change is real, Adler favors "incentivizing innovation" through awarding prizes and reducing regulation of new technologies.
PERC Executive Director Terry L. Anderson wrote an op-ed in the Washington Post claiming that the failure to build the Keystone XL pipeline would likely lead to more environmental damage and risk to public safety because oil would continue to be shipped by rail car. Anderson side-steps the debate about the overall impact of tar sands mining by framing the issue as a matter of pipeline safety versus railway safety: "Clearly, we are going to continue moving crude oil and petroleum products from where they are extracted to where they are needed. When considering whether to approve the Keystone XL, therefore, the question has to be: Which is safer, pipeline or rail tank cars?"
As of June 2014:
- Thomas E. Beach - Chair - Beach Investment Counsel, Inc., West Conshoshocken, Pennsylvania.
- Loren Bough, Private Investor, Big Sky, Montana.
- Thomas J. Bray, Detroit News (retired), Detroit, Michigan.
- Henry N. Butler, George Mason Univeristy Law & Economics Center, Arlington, Virginia.
- Tyler Dann, Harlem Valley Investing Co., Inc., Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.
- Kimberly O. Dennis, Searle Freedom Trust, Washington D.C.
- Deborah Donner, Business Cousultant, Denver, Colorado
- Carlos Fernández, The Nature Conservancy, San Carlos de Bariloche, Rio Negro Patagonia, Argentina.
- Steven F. Hayward, F.K Weyerhaeuser Fellow in Law and Economics, American Enterprise Institute, and Senior Fellow, Pacific Research Institute for Public Policy, San Francisco.
- Martin Hostettler, Managing Partner, Cycad Inc., Bern, Switzerland.
- Fred E. Karlinsky, Shareholder in Colodny, Fass, Talenfeld, Karlinsky, Abate & Webb, and Adjunct Professor of Law, Florida State University College, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
- Kristina Kendall, New Balloon Investments, Brooklyn, New York.
- Dwight E. Lee, Gagnon Securities LLC, New York, New York.
- Leigh H. Perkins, The Orvis Company, Sunderland, Vermont.
- Rankin Smith, Jr., Seminole Plantation, Boston, Georgia.
- John F. Tomlin, Conservation Forestry Partners, LLC, Exeter, New Hampshire.
- Brian Yablonski, External Affairs Director, Gulf Power Company, Pensacola, Florida
As of June 2014:
- Terry L. Anderson, Executive Director
- Reed Watson, Executive Director
- Monica Lane Guenther, Senior Director for Program Management
- Randy T. Simmons, Senior Fellow
- Roger Meiners, Senior Fellow
- Jonathan H. Adler, Senior Fellow
- Gary D. Libecap, Senior Fellow
- Andrew P. Morriss, Senior Fellow
- Robert E. McCormick, Senior Fellow
- Daniel K. Benjamin, Senior Fellow
- Peter J. Hill, Senior Fellow
- Walter N. Thurman, Senior Fellow
- Jane S. Shaw, Senior Fellow
- Richard L. Stroup, Senior Fellow Emeritus
- Bruce Yandle, Senior Fellow Emeritus
- David D. Haddock, Senior Fellow Emeritus
- Donald R. Leal, Senior Fellow Emeritus
- H. Spencer Banzhaf, Senior Research Fellow
- Dominic Parker, Senior Research Fellow
- Kurt Schnier, Senior Research Fellow
- Holly Fretwell, Research Fellow
- Brandon Scarborough, Research Fellow
- Michael 'T Sas-Rolfes, Research Fellow
- Shawn Regan, Research Fellow,
- Laura Huggins, Research Fellow, former director of outreach
- Suzi Berget White, Development Manager
- KayCee Pulasky, Accountant
- Colleen Lane, Conference Coordinator
- Renee Storm, Conference Coordinator
- Dianna Rienhart, Office Manager
- Jennifer Keney, Office and Web Coordinator
- Charlotte Huus-Henrikson, Outreach Associate
- Annie Ireland, Outreach and Research Associate
- Sharie Rucker, Administrative Assistant
- Mandy-Scott Bachelier, Art Director