Talk:The Justice Foundation
The Justice Foundation's website states, "The Foundation represents clients free of charge in cases in the areas of limited government, free markets, private property, parental school choice, parental rights in education, and enforcing laws to protect women's health." The organization runs a website and telephone help-line for women "hurting from abortion."
The Koch brothers -- David and Charles -- are the right-wing billionaire co-owners of Koch Industries. As two of the richest people in the world, they are key funders of the right-wing infrastructure, including the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) and the State Policy Network (SPN). In SourceWatch, key articles on the Kochs include: Koch Brothers, Koch Industries, Americans for Prosperity, American Encore, and Freedom Partners.
Based on compiled tax records of the Claude R. Lambe Charitable Foundation, David H. Koch Foundation, and the Charles G. Koch Foundation, these Koch family foundations gave an aggregate of $40,000 to the Justice Foundation as of 2009.
Involvement in Arkansas' Abortion Law
In June 2014, the Justice Foundation "asked a federal appeals court for permission to file a brief in an appeal of a federal judge's ruling that struck down Arkansas' law banning most abortions at 12 weeks," according to the Arkansas Times Record. The proposed brief would be filed "on behalf of women who [TJF] said had suffered physical and psychological injuries because of their abortions," according to KTBS News.
- Queta Aguilar – Executive Assistant to President
- Marisol Aguilar – Administrative Assistant
- The Justice Foundation, Mission Statement, organizational website, accessed June 23, 2014.
- Linda Greenhouse, Adjudging a Moral Harm to Women From Abortions, New York Times, April 20, 2007, accessed June 23, 2014.
- Tony Carrk, Center for American Progress Action Fund, The Koch Brothers: What you Need to Know about the Financiers of the Radical Right, organizational report, April 2011, p. 10.
- John Lyon, Texas Group Asks To Help Defend Arkansas’ Abortion Law, Times Record Online, June 2, 2014.
- Group wants to help defend 12-week abortion ban, KTBS News, June 2, 2014, accessed June 23, 2014.