Texas Eastern Transmission (TETCO) Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor and the Center for Media and Democracy.|
Texas Eastern Transmission (TETCO) Gas Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline.
The pipeline runs from the Gulf of Mexico in Texas and Louisiana up through Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee, Missouri, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania to deliver gas in the New York City area.
- Operator: Texas Eastern Transmission, LP
- Parent Company: Enbridge
- Current capacity: 10810 Million cubic feet per day
- Proposed capacity:
- Length: 9,098 miles / 14,639 km
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 1942
Texas Eastern Transmission (TETCO) is operated by Texas Eastern Transmission, LP, which is owned by Enbridge.
Spectra Energy and Conocophillips have proposed a joint expansion project called the TEMAX Project that would add 33 miles of pipeline to the system, stretching from Clarington, Ohio to Delta, Pennsylvania. It would add 395 million cubic feet per day of capacity and cost $500 million. The project includes construction of pipeline, looping and replacement of compressor stations and is is preparing to pre-file with FERC.
In January of 2019 an explosion in the pipeline injured two people and destroyed two homes in Noble County, Ohio.
Expansion Project Details
- Parent Company: Spectra, ConocoPhillips
- Proposed capacity: 395 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 53 km / 33 miles
- Status: Cancelled
- Start Year:
In 2008, Spectra and ConocoPhillips announced a proposed pipeline called the TEMAX Pipeline. Gas would run through the TETCO Pipeline system, forming an agreement to deliver up to 395 million cubic feet per day of Rocky Mountain natural gas to the U.S. Northeast through the planned pipeline expansion. The expansion will start in Clarington, Ohio, running through Spectra’s Texas Eastern Transmission pipeline system to Delta, Pennsylvania.
There have been no development updates since 2008 and the project is presumed to be cancelled.
Articles and resources
- Texas Eastern Transmission (TETCO) Gas Pipeline, Enbridge website, accessed January 2018
- Company Overview of Texas Eastern Transmission, LP, Bloomberg, accessed January 2018
- Planned Projects, Pipeline News, accessed October 2018
- Enbridge pipeline explosion in Ohio damages homes, sends flames shooting into sky, Global News, accessed January 2019
- Spectra, Conoco in Rockies gas shipment pact, Reuters, May 21, 2008
- Planned Pipelines, Pipeline News, accessed October 2018
Related SourceWatch articles
Wikipedia also has an article on Texas Eastern Transmission (TETCO) Gas Pipeline (Texas Eastern Transmission Pipeline). This article may use content from the Wikipedia article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.