"Before retiring in July 2005, I was Professor of Environmental Sciences at the University of East Anglia. He has edited a large number of books on the institutional aspects of global environmental change policy and practice, and led two international research projects on the transition to sustainability in the European Union (1995-1999). My current research interests are focused on global-local relations and their implications for the transition to sustainability in Europe. I am also involved with user groups, in the practical application of deliberative and inclusionary processes for the reallocation of scarce water resources in Broadland, and in the management of the public private partnership for flood alleviation again in the Broads. I served as Chairman of the Environment Committee for the Broads Authority, was a member of Norfolk and Suffolk Local Flood Defence Committee, of advisory panels to Dow Chemical and Eastern Group PLC. I was elected Fellow of the Royal Academy in 1999 and continue to be an active member of the UK Sustainable Development Commission." 
"He is a core member of the Prince of Wales' seminar on Business and the Environment. He has many contacts with the business world. He is an assessor for the Prince of Wales Accounting for Sustainability project. He sits on the Corporate Responsibility Body for Asda plc, and also on the Growth and Climate Change Panel for Anglian Water Group. Professor O’Riordan is also Executive Editor of Environment Magazine." 
- Trustee, Soil Association 
- Honorary Advisor, Zero Carbon Britain
- Senior Associate, Institute for Sustainability Leadership 
- Horlick-Jones, T., Walls, J., Rowe, G., Pidgeon, N., Poortinga, W., Murdock, G., O'Riordan, T., (2007) The GM Debate: Risks, Politics and Public Engagement. Routledge, 240pp.
- Walls, J., O'Riordan, T., Horlick-Jones, T., Niewöhner, J. (2005) The meta-governance of risk: GM crops and mobile telephones. Journal of Risk Research 8(7-8), 635-661. DOI: 10.1080/13669870500101200
- Ledoux, L., Cornell, S., O'Riordan, T., Harvey, R., Banyard, L. (2004) Towards sustainable flood and coastal management; identifying drivers of and obstacles to managed realignment. Land Use Policy 22(2), 129-144. DOI: 10.1016/j.landusepol.2004.03.001
- O'Riordan, T. (2004) Environmental science, sustainability and politics. Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers 29(2), 234-247. DOI: 10.1111/j.0020-2754.2004.00127.x
- O’Riordan, T., James Cameron, and Jordan, A.J. (eds.) (2001) Reinterpreting the Precautionary Principle, Cameron May, London.
- O’Riordan, T. (ed.) (1999) Environmental Science for Environmental Management, Revised Second Edition. Prentice Hall, Harlow Essex.
- O’Riordan, T. (1989). The challenge for environmentalism in R. Peet and N. thrifts (Eds). New models in geography 48, pp 33-46.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Timothy O'Riordan, University of East Anglia, accessed November 10, 2009.
- Zero Carbon Britain Honorary Advisor, organizational web page, accessed June 14, 2013.
- Council, Soil Association, accessed November 13, 2009.
- Institute for Sustainability Leadership Senior Associates, organizational web page, accessed May 8, 2014.