Tomas Magnusson, "a well-known figure in the Nordic peace world, was elected President of the International Peace Bureau at the Triennial Assembly of the organization held in Helsinki in September 2006. Magnusson has a background in journalism and was several years Chairperson of the Swedish Peace and Arbitration Society (Svenska Freds).
"He currently directs the Goteborg Initiativet, a locally-based agency dealing with development aid and migrants." 
- President of the Swedish Peace and Arbitration Society between 1979-1985
- Member of the board of Swedish Afghanistan Association
- Member of the board of Journalists for Peace
- International leader of the Social Democratic district organisation of Göteborg
- Executive member of the Swedish Bosnian Group within Social Democratic Party
Resources and articles
- Tomas Magnusson, International Peace Bureau, accessed February 16, 2010.