"Established in 1993 as a private company, Trafigura is the world’s third largest independent oil trader and the second largest independent trader in the non-ferrous concentrates market. It has access to approximately US$33 billion in credit facilities, with investments in industrial assets around the world of more than US$3.3 billion..." 
Trafficker in polluting waste
In 2006, a Trafigura hired ship dumped highly toxic / noxious materials in an Ivory Coast unlicensed landfill. Eventually the fumes of the toxic materials affected 31,000 people and resulted in a lengthy and costly legal battle.
NB: On the company's website there are no names of any of the company's principals.
- Web: www.trafigura.com
Resources and articles
- Trafigura Foundation
- Jesus Fernandez
- Jeremy Weir
- Coal terminals
- Talk:Coal terminals
- Magid Shenouda
- Michael Wladimiroff - lawyer for Trafigura
- Robert de Bree - lawyer for Trafigura
- Trafigura About, organizational web page, accessed June 24, 2012.
- David Leigh, How UK oil company Trafigura tried to cover up African pollution disaster, Guardian, 16 September 2009.
- Trafigura found guilty of exporting toxic waste, BBC News Online, 13 July 2010.