USDA external articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are news stories related to the main SourceWatch article U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Nicholas D. Kristoff Obama’s ‘Secretary of Food’? New York Times, December 2008
- Scott McNeal More On The AKC-Hunte Puppy Mill Alliance: Andrew Hunte is credited with owning the "state of the art facility" high volume puppy mill in SW Missouri financed with $4.4M USDA rural development loan guarantees., Dog Press, May 2008
- David E. Gumpert & William Pentland, USDA Bets the Farm on Animal ID Program, The Nation, December 2007.
- Brian Tokar, et al., BRIEFING REPORT: Deficiencies in Federal Regulatory Oversight of Genetically Engineered Crops, Institute for Social Ecology, June 2006.
- Oxfam America: Senate Fails to Reform Inequitable Agricultural Subsidies, U.S. Newswire, November 3, 2005.
- Andrew Martin, Jeff Zeleny, "USDA plants its own news: Critics liken radio, TV spots to propaganda; agency defends use", Chicago Tribune, June 16, 2005.
- Campaign demands USDA halt field releases of genetically engineered trees, checkbiotech.org, March 10, 2005.
- 100 Percent Containment Required for Biotech Pharmaceutical and Industrial Products, Says NAMA, U.S. Newswire, March 25, 2004.
- USDA told to disclose 'biopharm' locations, checkbiotech.org, August 5, 2004.
- Report: USDA Regulatory Policy Has Been 'Hijacked' by Agribusiness Industry, U.S. Newswire, July 23, 2004.
- Philip Mattera USDA Inc.: How Agribusiness has hijacked regulatory policy at the US Department of Agriculture, Agribusiness Accountability Initiative and Corporate Research Project, Good Jobs First, July 23, 2004.
- Lawsuit Challenges Open-Air Testing of Genetically Engineered 'Biopharm' Crops; USDA Not Adequately Protecting Food Supply, U.S. Newswire, November 12, 2003.
- Veneman Names New Members to Research, Extension, Education and Economics Advisory Board, U.S. Newswire, November 3, 2002.
- Genetically Engineered Food Alert Coalition Statement on NAS Assessment of USDA Oversight of Genetically Engineered Crops, U.S. Newswire, February 21, 2002.