Wallace S Snyder
This stub is a work-in-progress by the ScienceCorruption.com journalists's group. We are indexing the millions of documents stored at the San Francisco Uni's Legacy Tobacco Archive  With some entries you'll need to go to this site and type into the Search panel a (multi-digit) Bates number. You can search on names for other documents also. Send any corrections or additions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wallace S. Snyder was at one time the FTC's Assistant Director in the Division of Advertising Practices. THe then went through the revolving door and emerged as an advertising lobbyist willing to work with the tobacco industry.
Wally Snyder now handles government relations for the American Advertising Federation and he chooses to operate his lobby efforts through fake think-tanks like the Friends of Commercial Speech. This was yet another phantom think-tank run by the tobacco industry in association the alcohol, media groups and advertising interests to protect their right to advertise their products.
Documents & Timeline
1986 Sep The Communications division of the TI Monthly Reports lists some of the Tobacco Institute's achievements in getting stories opposing the Synar advertising-ban bill into newspapers:
Additionally, Scott Stapf (assistant to the president to the TI) has arranged consultant/ally (ie paid supporters) interviews for the following:
- Barry Lynn, ACLUJ, with Mike Ward, Tulsa Tribune, 6/9/86.
- Barry Lynn, ACLU, with Bill Kronholn, AP, 6/9/86.
- Dan Jaffe, ANA, with Bill Kronholm, AP, 6/9/86.
- Wally Snyder, AAAA, with Bill Kronhols, AP, 6/9/86.
- Barry Lynn, ACLU, with Janet Meyers, Ad Ace, 6/9/86.
- Wally Snyder, AAAA, with Janet Myers, Ad Aae
- Barry Lynn, ACLU, with Dianne Oianelli, American Medical News, 6/9/B6.
- Barry Lynn, ACLU, with Jerry Badlander, AP Radio, 6/9/86.
- Wally Snyder, AAA, with Jerry Badlander, AP, 6/9/86.
- Barry Lynn, ACLU, with Stove Colford, Ad Week, 6/9/86. 
- If Lynn was doing this media work out of the goodness of his heart he was a very generous man with his time.
1990 Jun 12 Friends of Commercial Speech, Inc (512 Eleventh Street, SE Washington --- Fax (202) 544 0966) are circulating to the Tobacco Institute a computerized form letter trying to promote the idea that they are under attack from Al Gore and Joseph P Kennedy II. to
- Professional athletic organizations
- Olympic sports
- Amateur sports organization.
This operation is being run by
- Craig R Smith, President of Freedom of Expression Foundation
- James Sanders, President Beer Institute,
- Wallace S Snyder, Government Relations, AAF,
- Daniel L Jaffe, Exec VP, ANA, and
- Harold A Shoup, Exec VP AAAA. 
<tdo>resource_id=38556 resource_code=snyder_wallace_s search_term=Wallace S. Snyder</tdo>