War in Iran: External Links 2007
The following are external links for 2007 related to the article war in Iran.
Related speeches and statements
- News Release: "President's Address to the Nation," Office of the White House Press Secretary, January 10, 2007.
- Qassim Abdul-Zahra, "Iraqi Officials: 6 Iranian Workers Held. Iraqi officials say multinational forces detain 6 Iranian staffers at consulate," Associated Press (CBS News), January 11, 2007.
- "US had no legal right to enter Iran consulate," IranMania.com, January 11, 2007.
- Terry McCarthy, "U.S. Troops Stage Second Secret Raid at Iraq Airport," ABC News, January 11, 2007.
- John Aravosis, "Bush invaded Iran last night," AMERICAblog, January 11, 2007.
- "Senators to Bush: Stay out of Iran," CNN, January 11, 2007.
- Steven C. Clemons, "Did the President Declare 'Secret War' Against Syria and Iran?" The Washington Note, January 11, 2007.
- "US forces raid Iranian consulate in Iraq: Iran," Reuters (ABC News (Australia)), January 12, 2007.
- James Glanz, "G.I.’s in Iraq Raid Iranians’ Offices," New York Times, January 12, 2007.
- "Iraq seeks release of Iranians seized by U.S.," Reuters AlertNet, January 12, 2007.
- "Iraq FM Defends Detained Iranians. Iraqi Foreign Minister Says Detained Iranians Were Working at Liaison Office," Associated Press (ABC News), January 12, 2007.
- Bassem Mroue, "Detained Iranians Had Iraq Approval," Associated Press (CBS News), January 12, 2007.
- "U.S. Contradicts Iraqi Foreign Minister," Associated Press (Forbes), January 12, 2007.
- David E. Sanger and Michael R. Gordon, "Rice Says Bush Authorized Iranians’ Arrest in Iraq," New York Times, January 13, 2007.
- Chris Floyd, "Marching to Persia: First Blows Struck in Bush's War on Iran," Empire Burlesque, January 13, 2007.
- Chris Floyd, "Get Your War On: Bush Plays Casus Belli Card Against Iran," Empire Burlesque, January 14, 2007.
- Kevin Whitelaw and Anna Mulrine, "4th and Long. President Bush's Commitment of more troops to Iraq isn't just unpopular-it's a last-ditch gamble against tough odds," U.S. News & World Report, January 14, 2007.
- Jumana Al Tamimi, "Attack on Iran 'will deal fatal blow to Iraq'," GulfNews.com, January 17, 2007.
- "U.S. plans envision broad attack on Iran: analyst," Reuters, January 19, 2007.
- George Will, "Maybe a 'surge' of historical perspective will help," Washington Post (Record.net), January 19, 2007.
- Alexandra Zavis and Greg Miller, "Scant evidence found of Iran-Iraq arms link. U.S. warnings of advanced weaponry crossing the border are overstated, critics say," Los Angeles Times, January 23, 2007.
- Michael Roston, "Ex-Pentagon adviser hints US Marines contemplated for Iran," The Raw Story, January 26, 2007.
- Dafna Linzer, "Troops Authorized to Kill Iranian Operatives in Iraq. Administration Strategy Stirs Concern Among Some Officials," Washington Post, January 26, 2007.
- Gabriel Ronay, "America 'poised to strike at Iran's nuclear sites' from bases in Bulgaria and Romania. Report suggest that 'US defensive ring' may be new front in war on terror," Sunday Herald (Scotland), January 28, 2007.
- Michael Abramowitz, "Cheney Says U.S. Is Sending 'Strong Signal' to Iran," Washington Post, January 29, 2007.
- Kevin Drum, "Iranian Apocalypse Update," Political Animal/The Washington Monthly, January 29, 2007.
- "U.S. strike group transits Suez Canal as part of buildup of U.S. forces in Mideast," Associated Press (International Herald Tribune), January 30, 2007.
- Dick Morris, "Don’t confuse Iran with Cambodia," The Hill, January 31, 2007.
- Patrick J. Buchanan, "Hysteria at Herzliya," Antiwar.com, January 31, 2007.
- Ian Traynor and Jonathan Steele, "Europeans fear US attack on Iran as nuclear row intensifies. Transatlantic rift emerges over how to handle crisis. America builds up its naval forces in the Gulf," The Guardian (UK), January 31, 2007.
- Robert Parry, "Iran Clock Is Ticking," Consortiumnews, January 31, 2007.
- Simon Tisdall, "Bush 'spoiling for a fight' with Iran," The Guardian (UK), January 31, 2007.
- Editorial: "The Iran Factor," San Francisco Chronicle, January 31, 2007.
- Dave Lindorff, "This Is Like Hitler's Suicide Order from the Bunker," Atlantic Free Press, February 1, 2007.
- Robert Parry, "Bush Is Hiding the Ball on Iran," Consortiumnews, February 2, 2007: "George W. Bush is again guiding the nation toward a preemptive war – this time with Iran – without allowing anything like a full debate of the underlying facts, probable consequences of the conflict or peaceful alternatives."
- Jonathan Steele, "As US power fades, it can't find friends to take on Iran. Washington has exaggerated Tehran's capabilities and intentions in Iraq. It is confused and frustrated," comment is free.../The Guardian (UK), February 2, 2007.
- David E. Sanger, "Iran Installs Equipment for Large-Scale Uranium Enrichment," New York Times, February 3, 2007.
- John Aravosis, "Iran is Laughing at Us Right Now," AMERICAblog, February 11, 2007.
- Paul Krugman, "Scary Movie 2," Welcome to Pottersville Blogspot, February 11, 2007.
- Eason Jordan, "Stop This Now: Nameless Accusers, Sourcing. Identify US Officials Presenting Disputed Evidence Against Iran," IraqSlogger, February 11, 2007.
- Juan Cole, "NYT Falls for Bogus Iran Weapons Charges. Completely Implausible Numbers are Thrown Around. Repeat of Judy Miller Scandal," Informed Comment, February 11, 2007.
- Lambert, "WaPo: Cheney aide says 2007 attack on Iran is real possibility," Corrente Wire Blog, February 11, 2007.
- re Karen DeYoung, "U.S. Keeps Pressure on Iran But Decreases Saber Rattling," Washington Post, February 11, 2007.
- Sean-Paul Kelly, "Doesn't Look Like Farsi To Me?" The Agonist, February 11, 2007.
- Patrick Cockburn, "Target Tehran: Washington sets stage for a new confrontation," The Independent (UK), February 12, 2007.
- Al Pessin, "Top American General Disputes US Military Claim on Iran," Voice of America News, February 12, 2007. re Peter Pace
- Jonathan S. Landay, "Joint Chiefs chairman sees no evidence of meddling by Iran's regime," McClatchy Newspapers, February 12, 2007.
- Karen DeYoung, "Pace Demurs on Accusation of Iran. General Says He Knows Nothing Tying Leaders to Arms in Iraq," Washington Post, February 13, 2007.
- Oliver Willis, "Bush's Friends, The Saudis," Like Kryptonite to Stupid, February 13, 2007.
- "Another Blow To Bush's Credibility?" U.S. News & World Report Political Bulletin, February 13, 2007.
- Roger Morris, "The Undertaker's Tally (Part 1): Sharp Elbows," TomDispatch.com, February 13, 2007. Intro "Tomgram: Roger Morris, Donald Rumsfeld's Long March" by Tom Engelhardt. re Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney
- Roger Morris, "The Undertaker's Tally (Part 2): The Power and the Glory,", TomDispatch.com, February 15, 2007. Intro "Tomgram: Roger Morris, The Rumsfeld Legacy" by Tom Engelhardt.
- Karen DeYoung "Skepticism Over Iraq Haunts U.S. Iran Policy," Washington Post, February 15, 2007.
- Carol Giacomo, "Ex-aide says Rice misled Congress on Iran," Reuters, February 15, 2007.
- Anne Flaherty, "Murtha seeks to prohibit action in Iran. Murtha Seeks to Restrain U.S. Military Action in Iran; GOP Veterans Oppose Anti-War Bill," Associated Press (ABC News), February 15, 2007. re John Murtha
- Michael Isikoff and Maziar Bahari, "Rumors of War," Newsweek (MSNBC), February 19, 2007 (issue).
- Deniz Yeter, Report: "Former Bush Officials Accuse White House of Trying to Provoke Iran. Warn public that Bush is looking for a pretext to justify a broader, regional conflict," truthout, February 21, 2007.
- Michael T. Klare, "Bush's Future Iran War Speech. Three Charges in the Case for War," TomDispatch.com, February 25, 2007. Intro: "Tomgram: Michael Klare, Talking Points for the Next War" by Tom Engelhardt.
- Bob Drogin and Kim Murphy, "U.N. calls U.S. data on Iran's nuclear aims unreliable. Tips about supposed secret weapons sites and documents with missile designs haven't panned out, diplomats say," Los Angeles Times, February 25, 2007.
- Craig Unger, "From the Wonderful Folks Who Brought You Iraq," Vanity Fair, March 2007 (posted online February 2, 2007): "The same neocon ideologues behind the Iraq war have been using the same tactics—alliances with shady exiles, dubious intelligence on W.M.D.—to push for the bombing of Iran. As President Bush ups the pressure on Tehran, is he planning to double his Middle East bet?"
- Seymour M. Hersh, "The Redirection. Is the Administration’s new policy benefitting our enemies in the war on terrorism?" The New Yorker, March 5, 2007.
- Tom Engelhardt, "The Seymour Hersh Mystery. A Journalist Writing Bloody Murder… And No One Notices," TomDispatch.com, March 13, 2007; AlterNet, March 17, 2007.
- Will Bunch, "'Buying the War,' Part II -- now it's Iran," Attytood.com, May 21, 2007.
- Faiz Shakir, "ABC News: Bush Authorizes New Covert Action Against Iran," Think Progress, May 22, 2007.
- AJ in DC, "Iran and the hawks," AMERICAblog, June 18, 2007.
- Bradford Plumer, "NIE on Al Qaeda," The Plank Blog/The New Republic, July 17, 2007.
- Jonathan Stein, "New NIE Summary: Much We Already Knew, Some We Didn't," MoJoBlog/MotherJones, July 17, 2007. From the NIE: "Lebanese Hizballah, which has conducted anti-US attacks outside the United States in the past, may be more likely to consider attacking the Homeland over the next three years if it perceives the United States as posing a direct threat to the group or Iran."
- "Report: Cheney may have mulled pushing Israel to hit Iran," Haaretz, September 23, 2007.
- "Fallon: 'Constant drumbeat' of Iran war talk 'not helpful'," Think Progress, September 23, 2007.
- Nick Juliano, "Top neocon urged Bush to bomb Iran during private White House meeting," The Raw Story, September 24, 2007. re Norman Podhoretz
- Faiz Shakir, "Right-Wing New York Sun Declares: ‘Attack On Iran Said To Be Imminent’," Think Progress, September 28, 2007.
- Ros Taylor, "Bolton calls for bombing of Iran," Guardian (UK), September 30, 2007.
- Tim Shipman, "US trains Gulf air forces for war with Iran," The Telegraph (UK), October 1, 2007.
- Faiz Shakir, "Podhoretz: ‘I Believe Bush Is Going To Order Airstrikes On Iran Before He Leaves Office’," Think Progress, October 1, 2007.
- Eric Alterman, "What is it good for?" Altercation/Media Matters for America, October 1, 2007.
- Satyam Khanna, "Bolton: We Should Carry Out Regime Change In Iran Because ‘It Did Work In Iraq’," Think Progress, October 1, 2007.
- Amanda Terkel, "Perino Dismisses Sy Hersh And ‘All His Anonymous Sources’ On Iran," Think Progress, October 1, 2007. re Dana Perino
- Also see Judd Legum, "Kristol: Hersh Scaring People Away From ‘Limited and Credible Military Option Against Iran’," Think Progress, April 10, 2006; re Seymour M. Hersh, "The Iran Plans. Would President Bush go to war to stop Tehran from getting the bomb?" The New Yorker, April 17, 2006 (issue).
- "Bush,Cheney, Sheldon Adelson, and Deja Vu All Over Again: Priming a War with Iran," Desert Beacon Blogspot, October 7, 2007.
- Satyam Khanna, "Fineman: Intel Community To Release ‘Three Iran Reports’ To ‘Slow Down’ Bush’s Warmongering," Think Progress, October 7, 2007.
- Seymour M. Hersh, "Shifting Targets. The Administration’s plan for Iran," The New Yorker, October 8, 2007 (issue).
- Dann de Wit, "Attack on Iran: the question is only when and in what form," Atlantic Free Press, October 9, 2007.
- A.J. Rossmiller, "Iran: destroying Iraq . . . except when it's not," AMERICAblog, October 9, 2007.