The Women's Education for Advancement and Empowerment (WEAVE) was "founded in 1990, with the intent to empower indigenous women and support their needs and basic human rights. The organization has evolved over the years, especially in the context of the influx of refugees from Burma." 
Received a grant from the Open Society Institute in 2003  and the Tides Foundation in 2005.  Also funded by the Global Fund for Women. 
- Web: http://www.weave-women.org
Resources and articles
- ↑ Home Page, WEAVE, accessed July 17, 2007.
- ↑ Grantees, Open Society Institute, accessed July 17, 2007.
- ↑ 2005 Annual Report, Tides Foundation, accessed July 17, 2007.
- ↑ Global Fund Grantees, Global Fund for Women, accessed July 17, 2007.