Jump to navigation Jump to search
The BBC says of the country's media:
- The Ministry of Information administers all broadcasting through the Public Corporation for Radio and Television. It controls most printing presses and funds some newspapers. The press is strictly controlled and newspapers have often been prosecuted over political articles.
Examples of public relations in Yemen
- Raidan A. Al-Saqqaf writes in the Yemen Times about PR by companies in Yemen:
- Very few companies know the importance of creating effective public relations. In fact, the potential of effective public relations acts as a strategic competitive advantage, which can boost the company's image. It is a very important yet sensitive task and has to be handled efficiently and professionally.
- While many companies have PR specialists, minimum efforts are made in spite of the enormous potential. It is respectable for a company to find its name referred to regularly in press and in news services; the audience would be more likely to think of that company whenever they have any kind of needs for that company's products and services.
- Effective public relations include any kind of reference in the media that results in creating a positive impression of the business. This may take the form of a news story focused around some development in the company, business expansion, new staff appointment, charity fund-raising or a special promotion linked with a local occasion.
- American-Mideast Educational and Training Services, Inc., which has offices in various Middle East countries, including Yemen, offers a 4 day public relations course which it describes as follows:
- This Workshop is designed to introduce the concepts and practices of modern Public Relations. And its growing importance in Private Companies, Government and Industry. The Workshop focuses on the important Role of a Public Relations Officer in a Corporation in this Millennium.
- Heba Saleh, "Analysis: Yemen after the vote", BBC, October 2, 2006.
- Timeline: Yemen BBC, accessed January 2008.