Learn more about corporations VOTING to rewrite our laws.
Allergan is a specialist pharmaceutical company perhaps best known for Botox, used to treat facial wrinkles. Botox was originally used to treat muscle spasms, eye spasms and misalignment. The company's eye care products include medications for cataracts, glaucoma and pink eye, as well as eye and contact lens moisturizers. Allergen also makes products for acne and psoriasis.
In the fiscal year ending of December of 2011, the company reported sales of approximately $5.3 billion dollars and had over 10,000 employees.
Ties to the American Legislative Exchange Council
As of 2011, Allergan is the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) State corporate co-chair of Tennessee. In August 2011, Allergan was a "Chairman" level sponsor of the 38th Annual ALEC Conference ($50,000 in 2010) and a member of the Louisiana Host Committee.
A list of ALEC corporations can be found here.
ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wishlists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. They pay for a seat on ALEC task forces where corporate lobbyists and special interest reps vote with elected officials to approve “model” bills. Learn more at the Center for Media and Democracy's ALECexposed.org, and check out breaking news on our PRWatch.org site.
Allergan does animal testing.
Facility information, progress reports & USDA-APHIS reports
This facility performed animal experiments involving pain or distress but no analgesics, anesthetics or pain relievers were administered. For links to copies of this facility's U.S. Department of Agriculture-Animal Plant Health Inspection (APHIS) reports, other information and links, see also Facility Reports and Information: Allergan, Irvine, CA. 
USDA AWA reports
As of May 26, 2009, the USDA began posting all inspection reports for animal breeders, dealers, exhibitors, handlers, research facilities and animal carriers by state. See also USDA Animal Welfare Inspection Reports.
The Citizens Against Unfair Health Care Taxes is a front group created by a PR firm working for Allergan Inc., the maker of Botox. The group campaigned against a proposed California state tax on Botox. 
It describes itself as a group "that seeks to stop the unfair taxation of health care services and prescription drugs in various states.
Executives & board
Key executives 
- David E.I. Pyott - President & CEO
- David J. Endicott - Corporate Vice President: Allergan Medical, Asia Pacific and Latin America
- Arnold A. Pinkston - Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Assistant Secretary
- Raymond H. Diradoorian - Executive VP, Global Technical Operations
- Jeff S. Gangoli - Corporate Vice President and President, North America
- Jeffrey L. Edwards - Executive Vice President, Finance and Business Development, Chief Financial Officer
- Douglas S. Ingram - Executive Vice President and President, Europe, Africa and Middle East
- Scott M. Whitcup - Executive Vice President, Research and Development, Chief Scientific Officer
- James F. Barlowe - Senior Vice President, Corporate Controller (Principal Accounting Officer)
Board of Directors:
- David E.I. Pyott
- Deborah Dunsire, M.D.
- Russell T. Ray
- Herbert W. Boyer, Ph.D.
- Robert A. Ingram
- Trevor M. Jones, Ph.D.
- Dawn Hudson
- Louis J. Lavigne, Jr.
- Michael R. Gallagher
- Stephen J. Ryan, M.D.
- F. Michael Ball - Former President 
Board of Directors
- Deborah Dunsire - on board of Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA)
- Gavin S. Herbert - Allergen founder & Chairman Emeritus
- Robert A. Ingram - Vice Chairman of Pharmaceuticals - GlaxoSmithKline, Inc.
- Louis J. Lavigne, Jr. - Former Chief Financial Officer, Genentech, Inc.
- Leonard D. Schaeffer, Former Chairman of the Board - WellPoint, Inc. 
2525 Dupont Drive
Irvine, CA 92612 USA
Phone: (714) 246-4500
Fax: (714) 246-6987
Web address: http://www.allergan.com
Articles & sources
- Animal testing
- Citizens Against Unfair Health Care Taxes
- National Primate Research Center System
- Pharmaceutical industry
- ↑ Company Profile: Allergan, Hoovers, accessed January 2011
- ↑ Allergan, Inc. Yearly Reports, Allergan, Published December 31st, 2012.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 American Legislative Exchange Council, "Solutions for the States," 38th Annual Meeting agenda, on file with CMD, August 3-6, 2011
- ↑ American Legislative Exchange Council, 2011 Conference Sponsors, conference brochure on file with CMD, August 4, 2011
- ↑ American Legislative Exchange Council, Sponsorship Opportunities at ALEC's Annual Meeting, organizational website, 2010, accessed August 4, 2011
- ↑ Facility Reports and Information: Allergan, Irvine, CA, Stop Animal Experimentation NOW!
- ↑ Andrew McIntosh Botox maker's lobbying assailed: 'Grass-roots' group fighting planned tax is company-created", Sacramento Bee, January 2006
- ↑ About the Coalition, Citizens Against Unfair Health Care Taxes, accessed December 2009
- ↑ 2010 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed January 2011
- ↑ Allergan lobbying expenses, Open Secrets, accessed January 2011
- ↑ Allergan: Leadership Company website, Accessed April 19th, 2012
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Board and Management, Allergan, accessed January 2008.