Nowrasteh "attended New Mexico State University on a tennis scholarship, but later transferred to U.S.C. to study in their renowned School of Cinema."
Among his most recent writing and producing credits are "The Path to 9/11" (2006 Docudrama), a 6-hour miniseries to be shown September 10 and 11, 2006, on ABC, and "Into the West" (2005), a TV miniseries. Other credits include the Paramount/Showtime production The Day Reagan Was Shot (2001); Showtime's 10,000 Black Men Named George (2002); "the independent 1996 Sundance hit, The Interview, "Nikita" (1997) (which was "the pilot for the hit USA Network series, La Femme Nikita), and the adaptation of Alan Dershowitz's novel, The Advocate's Devil (1997) (TV) for ABC." 
"To quote Team America, he’s an out of control socialist weasel (laughs). Listen. I’m probably more of a libertarian than a strict conservative. In my writing and directing, I don’t want to just be a conservative version of Michael Moore. I’m here to tell a good story first and foremost - and that’s why I can navigate the networks and get my work produced."—Interview, June 9, 2005. 
Related SourceWatch Resources
Article By Nowrasteh
- Cyrus Nowrasteh, "The Path to Hysteria", Commentary, Wall Street Journal, September 18, 2006; Page A18. (sub req'd).
- "Biography for Cyrus Nowrasteh," IMDb.com.
- Govindini Murty, "Interview: Writer-Producer Cyrus Nowrasteh on his Into the West & 9/11 Miniseries," Libertas, June 9, 2005.
- Nico Pitney, "Writer of ABC’s 9/11 ‘Docudrama’ Is Avowed Conservative Activist," Think Progress, September 1, 2006.
- digby, "Disney and The Dobsonites," Hullaballoo, September 1, 2006.
- Doug Moe, "West grad's 9/11 film stirs storm," The Capital Times (Madison, Wisconsin), September 2, 2006.
- Art Moore, "Clinton aide says 9/11 film 'correct'. Producer consulted with military attaché who saw aborted attacks on bin Laden," WorldNetDaily, September 8, 2006.
- Max Blumenthal, "Discover the Secret Right-Wing Network Behind ABC's 9/11 Deception," The Huffington Post, September 8, 2006. re David Horowitz and Center for the Study of Popular Culture
- Martin Lewis, "ABC's Path to 9/11 Writer Gets Rave Review!" The Huffington Post, September 9, 2006.
- Art Moore, "Path to 9/11 producer sees ABC 'victory'. Says controversial film maintained message amid unprecedented pressure," WorldNetDaily, September 12, 2006.<math>Insert formula here</math>
- "Disney Shows Backbone", O'Dwyers PR Daily, September 18, 2006. (Sub req'd).
- Judd Legum, "Paramount Hires Path to 9/11 Writer For Movie On 'The Hunt For Osama Bin Laden'," Think Progress, October 16, 2006.