Ray Evans is an office-holder - and apparent creator - of a string of Australian front groups. He is President of the HR Nicholls Society, Secretary of the Bennelong Society, Treasurer of the Samuel Griffith Society and Secretary of, and main contact for, the Lavoisier Group.
Evans was Executive Officer at Western Mining Corporation (WMC) from 1982 until 2001, during which time he was a close associate of WMC CEO Hugh Morgan. "My role was to engage in the culture wars and provide him with feedback," Evans says of his work for Morgan.
Together with Morgan, he helped found the HR Nicholls Society in 1985.
- Michael Bachelard, "Exit, stage Right", The Australian, August 10, 2002.
- Andrew Cornell, "Why Ray Evans is always right", Australian Financial Review, January 8, 2005.
- Michael Duffy, "German Environmental Romanticism", Counterpoint, ABC Radio National, February 28, 2005. (This is an interview with Evans on his view of environmentalism).
- Ray Evans, "HR Nicholls questions reform package", Letter to the Editor, Australian Financial Review, August 1, 2005.
- Ray Evans, "Workplaces left in shackles", Australian Financial Review, December 19, 2005. (Sub req'd).
- Ray Evans, "Doomsayers generate a lot of hot air", Australian Financial Review, January 11, 2006. (Costs A$3.30)
- Melissa Fyfe, "The global warming sceptics", The Age, November 27, 2004
- Shaun Carney, "Howard's big IR gamble", The Age, April 1, 2006