Reckitt Benckiser Group
Learn more about corporations VOTING to rewrite our laws.
Reckitt Benckiser plc is a corporation headquartered in Great Britain that manufactures healthcare and personal care consumer products. It produces such brands as French's mustard, Woolite, Lysol, Air Wick, Clearasil, and Durex.
Ties to the American Legislative Exchange Council
Reckitt Benckiser was a corporate member of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) as of June 2011. It was a member of ALEC's Health and Human Services Task Force and Public Safety and Elections Task Force (disbanded in April 2012). In August 2012, the company told the online activist group Color of Change that it is no longer an ALEC member. See ALEC Corporations for other current and former ALEC funders and Corporations Which Have Cut Ties to ALEC for more corporations that have publicly cut ties to the group.
ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wishlists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. They pay for a seat on ALEC task forces where corporate lobbyists and special interest reps vote with elected officials to approve “model” bills. Learn more at the Center for Media and Democracy's ALECexposed.org, and check out breaking news on our PRWatch.org site.
Accessed June 2012:
- Rakesh Kapoor
- Andre Lacroix
- Richard Cousins
- Graham Mackay
- Ken Hydon
- Judy Sprieser
- Adrian Bellamy
- Warren Tucker
- Liz Doherty
- Peter Harf
Resources and articles
- David Tyler
- Hygiene Council
- Aspirin Foundation
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
- Corporate Leaders Group on Climate Change
- Vernon Sankey - chief executive (1991-99)
- SSL International PLC - acquired in 2011
- Boots Healthcare International - acquired in 2005
- ↑ Reckitt Benckiser, [makes such brands as French's mustard, Woolite, Lysol, Air Wick, Clearasil, and Durexhttp://www.rb.com/Our-brands/Powerbrands-on-the-shelf Powerbrands on the shelf], corporate product website, accessed August 2012
- ↑ American Legislative Exchange Council, HHS Task Force, organizational task force membership directory, June 29, 2011, document obtained and released by Common Cause, accessed August 2012
- ↑ American Legislative Exchange Council, Public Safety & Elections Task Force 2011 Spring Task Force Summit, organizational meeting minutes, June 30, 2011, document obtained and released by Common Cause, accessed August 2012
- ↑ Reckitt Benckiser Group, Board, organizational web page, accessed June 25, 2012
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|