National Consumer Coalition
The National Consumer Coalition -- not be confused with the broad-based coalition of consumer advocacy organizations led by the National Partnership for Women and Families -- is a group of industry friendly organizations that oppose government regulation and support "free market" solutions to consumer issues. The group is operated by Consumer Alert.
In April 2004, NCC revived the Cooler Heads Coalition, a group of global warming deniers.
|Documents Contained at the Anti-Environmental Archives|
Documents written by or referencing this person or organization are contained in the Anti-Environmental Archive, launched by Greenpeace on Earth Day, 2015. The archive contains 3,500 documents, some 27,000 pages, covering 350 organizations and individuals. The current archive includes mainly documents collected in the late 1980s through the early 2000s by The Clearinghouse on Environmental Advocacy and Research (CLEAR), an organization that tracked the rise of the so called "Wise Use" movement in the 1990s during the Clinton presidency. Access the index to the Anti-Environmental Archives here.
- 60 Plus Association
- The Advancement of Sound Science Coalition (TASSC)
- Alexis de Tocqueville Institution
- Americans for Tax Reform
- Association of Concerned Taxpayers
- Atlas Economic Research Foundation
- Capital Research Center
- Citizens Against Government Waste
- Citizens for a Sound Economy
- Committee For A Constructive Tomorrow
- Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Consumer Alert
- Defenders of Property Rights
- Foundation for American Liberty
- Frontiers of Freedom
- Fund for a New Generation
- Heartland Institute
- National Center for Policy Analysis
- National Center for Public Policy Research
- Political Economy Research Center
- Public Interest Institute
- Seniors Coalition
- Small Business Survival Committee
- United Seniors Association
- Women for Tax Reform
- National Partnership for Women and Families, National Consumer Coalition, organizational website, accessed March 2015.