Asian Peasant Coalition
The Asian Peasant Coalition (APC) is "an Asia-wide peasant coalition of farmers, landless peasants, fisherfolks, , agricultural workers, dalit, indigenous peoples, herders and pastoralists, including the women and youth across these sectors. It has more than 15 million members representing 21 organizations coming from 9 countries in Asia such as Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines and Sri Lanka." It is headquartered in the Philippines. In 2011, APC joined with the organizations Dagami and Kilusang Magbubukid ng Pilipinas (KMP) to oppose a bioethanol project in the Philippines by the company Green Future Innovations Inc.
- Asian Peasant Coalition
- Room 2, 2nd Floor
- 25-B Matiyaga St. Bgy. Central, Quezon City,
- Ph: +632-4352383
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.asianpeasant.org/
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Green Future Innovations Inc.
- Danggayan Dagiti Mannalon ti Isabela (Dagami)
- Kilusang Magbubukid ng Pilipinas (KMP)
- Cynthia D. Balana, "Int’l group probes alleged land-grab by foreign firms," Philippine Daily Inquirer, June 5th, 2011.
- IFFM in Isabela, Philippines, Asian Peasant Coalition, May 26, 2011.
- From Isabela to Manila: Farmers dump dried out crops at agri department, march towards Mendiola, Kilusang Magbubukid ng Pilipinas (KMP), March 5, 2011.
- Gil Corpuz, Isabela Farmers, IPs Oppose Land Grabbing for Bio-Ethanol Project, Northern Dispatch, February 28, 2011.
- KMP and APC strongly oppose massive land grabbing in Isabela, Philippines, Asian Peasant Coalition, February 25, 2011.
- San Mariano farmers and indigenous people strongly oppose massive land grabbing, Kilusang Magbubukid ng Pilipinas (KMP), press release, February 23, 2011.
- Isabela farmers protest bioethanol project, Asian Peasant Coalition, February 13, 2011.