|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
The Conference Board is worldwide business membership organization, based in Brussels, Belgium. According to its website, "we connect nearly 2,000 companies in 55 countries. Combined, our member companies have revenues totaling $10 trillion and they employ over 34 million people." It describes its role as providing "knowledge about management and the marketplace to help businesses strengthen their performance and better serve society."
- Richard Cavanagh - former President and CEO
According to its own website:
- The Conference Board was born out of a crisis in industry in 1916. Declining public confidence in business and rising labor unrest had become severe threats to economic growth and stability.
- A group of concerned business leaders, representing a variety of major industries, concluded that the time had arrived for an entirely new type of organization. Not another trade association. Not a propaganda machine. But a respected, not-for-profit, nonpartisan organization that would bring leaders together to find solutions to common problems and objectively examine major issues having an impact on business and society.
- The Conference Board's stature and credibility have grown far beyond what any of its founders imagined. But it has remained faithful to its original ideals and mission.
As part of its effort to help business in the global marketplace, The Conference Board works with a wide variety of organizations around the world. Following is a partial list of these "alliances":
- The American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand
- Asian Institute of Management, Philippines
- Asian Strategy & Leadership Institute, Malaysia
- Confederation of Indian Industries
- Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce
Hong Kong Institute of Human Resource Management National Council of Applied Economic Research, India Singapore Institute of Management SPRING Singapore (Standards, Productivity and Innovation Board) Singapore Trade Development Board
CEDE - La Confederacion Espanaola de Directivos y Ejecutivos (CEDE) Copenhagen Institute for Futures Studies IFL - Swedish Institute of Management IMI - Irish Management Institute NIVE - Nederlandse Vereniging voor Management TASIAD - Turkish Industrialists' and Businessmen's Association
la Asociacion Mexicana en Direccion de Recursos Humanos, A.C. Centro de Estudios Economicos del Sector Privado, A.C., Mexico Fundacion Mexicana para la Calidad Total, A.C. Instituto Chileno de Administracion Racional de Empresas, ICARE Instituto Para el Desarrollo Empressarial de la Argentina Mexican Business Council for International Affairs US-Mexico Chamber of Commerce/ Northeast Chapter
- The Center For Creative Leadership
- The Conference Board of Canada
- Families and Work Institute
- Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government
- International Association of Business Communicators
- Leader to Leader Institute
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
Accessed December 2007: 
- Josef Ackermann - Chairman of the Management Board and the Group Executive Committee, Deutsche Bank AG
- Alan M. Dachs - President and CEO, Fremont Group, L.L.C.
- Harry M. Jansen Kraemer, Jr. - Executive Partner, Madison Dearborn
- Nandan M. Nilekani - Co-Chairman, Infosys Technologies Limited
- Anne M. Tatlock - Director, Fiduciary Trust Company International, Former Chairman and CEO
- Herbert M. Allison, Jr. - Chairman, President and CEO, TIAA, President and CEO, CREF
- Alain J.P. Belda - Chairman and CEO, Alcoa Inc.
- Patrick Cescau - Group Chief Executive, Unilever PLC
- Richard T. Clark - Chairman, President and CEO, Merck & Co., Inc.
- Ian E. L. Davis - Worldwide Managing Director, McKinsey & Company
- Samuel A. DiPiazza, Jr. - Chief Executive Officer, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Jeffrey E. Garten - Juan Trippe Professor of International Trade, Finance and Business, Yale School of Management
- Anne Golden - President and CEO, The Conference Board of Canada
- Francisco Gonzalez - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, BBVA
- Klaus Kleinfeld - President and Chief Operating Officer, Alcoa Inc.
- Lim Chee Onn - Executive Chairman, Keppel Corporation Limited
- Padraig McManus - Chief Executive Officer, Electricity Supply Board
- Hutham S. Olayan - President and CEO, Olayan America Corporation
- Michael E. Roach - President and Chief Executive Officer, CGI Group
- Edward B. Rust, Jr. - Chairman and CEO, State Farm Insurance Companies
- Mayo Schmidt - President and Chief Executive Officer, Saskatchewan Wheat Pool
- Samuel C. Scott III - Chairman, President and CEO, Corn Products International, Inc.
- Jonathan Spector - Chief Executive Officer, The Conference Board, Inc.
- Anton van Rossum - Member of the Board of Directors, Crédit Suisse Group
- G. J. (Hans) Wijers - Chairman, Board of Management, Akzo Nobel NV
- Ronald A. Williams - Chairman of the Board, President and CEO, Aetna Inc.
- Marjorie Yang - Chairman, Esquel Group of Companies
- Jaime A. Zobel de Ayala II - Chairman and CEO, Ayala Corporation
In 1994 "Thirty-one executives were appointed senior members for terms of three years: Robert E. Allen, chairman and CEO, AT&T (Basking Ridge, N.J.); William J. Alley, chairman of the board and CEO, American Brands Inc. (Old Greenwich, Conn.); Foul Andreassen, president and CEO, ISS-International Service System A/S (Holte, Denmark); Norman R. Augustine, chairman and CEO, Martin Marietta Corp. (Bethesda, Md.); Richard H. Ayers, chairman and CEO, The Stanley Works (New Britain, Conn.); D.E. Baird, chairman, president and CEO, Schlumberger Ltd. (New York); Richard E. Balzhiser, president and CEO, Electric Power Research Institute (Palo Alto, Calif.); Richard Barth, chairman, president and CEO, Ciba (Ardsley, N.Y.); Roland Berger, chairman, Roland Berger & Partner GmbH (Munich, Germany); Allen L. Boorstein, president, Amber Blocks Ltd. (New York); Roger Boulton, first vice president and executive vice president, H.L. Boulton & Co., S.A.C.A. (Caracas, Venezuela); Angus A. Bruneau, chairman, president and CEO, Fortis Inc. (St. John's, Newfoundland); Frank V. Cahouet, chairman, president and CEO, Mellon Bank (Pittsburgh); Purdy Crawford, chairman, president and chief executive officer, Imasco Ltd. (Montreal); and Robert E. Denham, chairman and CEO, Salomon Inc. (New York).
"Also, Sam L. Ginn, chairman and CEO, AirTouch Communications (San Francisco); Christine A. Gold, president, Avon U.S., Avon Products Inc. (New York); Tomas Gonzalez Sada, president and CEO, Grupo Cydsa S.A. de C.V., (Garza Garcia, Mexico); Robert E. Howson, chairman of the board and CEO, McDermott International Inc. (New Orleans); Robert D. Krebs, chairman, president and CEO, Santa Fe Pacific Corp. (Schaumburg, Ill.); Jon C. Madonna, chairman and CEO, KPMG Peat Marwick (New York); Sir [[Colin Marshall, chairman, British Airways PLC (Middlesex, United Kingdom); John G. Medlin, Jr., chairman, Wachovia Corp. (Winston-Salem, N.C.); Charles W. Moritz, chairman, The Dun & Bradstreet Corp. (New York); Douglas E. Olesen, president and CEO, Battelle Memorial Institute (Columbus, Ohio); Paul H. O'Neill, chairman and CEO, Aluminum Company of America (Pittsburgh); Sakip Sabanci, chairman, Haci Omer Sabanci Holding A.S. (Istanbul, Turkey); Juergen E. Schrempp, chairman of the board of management, Deutsche Aerospace AG (Munich, Germany); Tadahiro Sekimoto, chairman of the board, NEC Corp. (Tokyo); Robert T. Steward, chairman, president and CEO, Scott Paper Ltd. (New Westminster, British Columbia); and David R. Whitwam, chairman and CEO, Whirlpool Corp. (Benton Harbor, Mich.)." 
The Conference Board Inc.
845 Third Avenue
New York, New York 10022-6679
Tel: (212) 759 0900
Fax: (212) 980 7014
The Conference Board Europe
Chaussee de La Hulpe, 130, Box 11
B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: (32) 2 675 5405
Fax: (32) 2 675 0395
Email: brussels AT conference-board.org