American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee
"DC CEO & Executive V.P. Steven Schwager
"For 95 years, the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC)—also referred to as “the Joint”—has exemplified globally the principle that all Jewish people are responsible for one another.
"Active today in more than 70 countries, JDC and its partners work to rescue Jewish lives at risk, bring relief to Jews in need, renew lost bonds to Jewish identity and Jewish culture, and help Israel overcome the social challenges of its most vulnerable citizens, both Jewish and non-Jewish. JDC reach extends beyond the global Jewish community by providing non-sectarian disaster relief and long-term development assistance worldwide. " 
Resources and articles
- Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Organizations
- Sarlo Family Foundation
- Jacob and Hilda Blaustein Foundation
- Open Society Education Programs - South East Europe
- Stanley M. Chesley
- Ronald S. Lauder
- International Rescue Committee: Funders
- Margot L. Pritzker
- Martin Paisner
- Andrea M. Bronfman
- About, American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, accessed May 13, 2010.