Changemakers "is an initiative of Ashoka: Innovators for the Public that focuses on the rapidly growing world of social innovation. It provides solutions and resources needed to help everyone become a changemaker and presents compelling stories that explore the fundamental principles of successful social innovation around the world.
"Changemakers is building the world's first global online "open source" community that competes to surface the best social solutions, and then collaborates to refine, enrich, and implement those solutions. Changemakers begins by providing an overarching intellectual framework for collaborative competitions that bring together individual social change initiatives into a more powerful whole." 
Competition Judges for the Changemakers Innovation Award 
- Anousheh Ansari, Entrepreneur
- Carolyn Hayman OBE, Chief Executive, Peace Direct
- Randy Newcomb, President, Humanity United and Vice President Omidyar Network
- Paul van Tongeren, Executive Director of the European Centre for Conflict Prevention
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Lambi Fund of Haiti
- Joy Persall - chair of grantmaking
- Yeshica Weerasekera - former program manager
- Eileen Hazel - former director of finance and operations
- About, Changemakers, accessed February 25, 2008.
- Competition Judges for the Changemakers Innovation Award: "Entrepreneuring Peace", Changemakers, accessed February 25, 2008.