Coastal Guardians is a group which opposes wind farm developments, which adapted the Country Guardians opposition strategies. Initally, groups using this name only existed in the UK, but more recently an Australian group has adopted the same name and tactics (although to date no links have been established between the two groups).
UK Coastal Guardians
Australian Coastal Guardians
In 2002, Tim Le Roy was the spokesman for Tarwin Valley Coastal Guardians. Then four years later in 2006, he also became the spokesman for Coastal Guardians Victoria. Both community group are opposed to the inappropriate siting of wind farms. Another similar groups is the Prom Coastal Guardians which appears to be ran by Clive Oatley. 
On 7 February 2006, in the Australian Financial Review, Tim Le Roy said: "Selling wind energy is a complex task, but it delivers great political capital. Environmentalists view all other forms of electricity generation (excluding solar) as environmental treason, conveniently ignoring the social benefits that cost-effective, reliable energy delivers."
In May 2006, the Sydney Morning Herald noted that similar groups "using the Landscape Guardians moniker" are "based in the village of Taralga. Its members are challenging a local wind farm project in the Land and Environment Court. Their president, Paul Miskelly, worked for the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation for 32 years and has given talks on nuclear power." 
- Tarwin Valley Coastal Guardians Inc.
- PO Box 119, Tarwin Lower, VIC 3956
- Fax +61 3 9807-0052
- Tel 0418 121 656
- Email: tarwinvalley (AT) optusnet.com.au
OLD CONTACT DETAILS (same fax but different address if this means anything??)
- Tim Le Roy
- Email: timleroy (AT) optusnet.com.au
- Tel: 0418 121 656
- Fax:03 9807-0052
- Post PO Box 296, Glen Iris, VIC 3146
Web: [Prom Coastal Guardians http://www.promcoastguardians.org/help.html]
- Tim Le Roy, High cost of wind power, Herald-Sun, 31 October 2002.
- Wind Energy response to an article published by Tim Le Roy in the Australian Financial Review 16 July, 2003
- Tim Le Roy, Answer May Not Be Blowing In The Wind, Australian Financial Review, 16 July 2003.
- Tim Le Roy, Rethink the role of pricey wind farms, Australian Financial Review, 7 February 2006.
- Jesse Hogan, Fury over wind farm decision, The Age, 5 April 2006.
- Annon, Anti-wind lobby funded by Nuclear and Coal, Melbourne Indymedia, 7 April 2006.
- Wendy Frew, Campaign to discredit wind blows to NSW, Sydney Morning Herald, 19 May 2006.