Douglas Alexander is a British MP, and in 28 June 2007, he was appointed secretary of state for international development in the Gordon Brown government.
Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
In 2011 Alexander was paid £4000 by Editorial Intelligence to speak at a conference hosted by the organisation in Wales.  He is an associate, at Digby Brown, Solicitors, Glasgow where he occasional contributions to various newspapers and broadcasting.
- 16-18 July 1998, to United States of America to attend conference. Accommodation provided by NewsCorp. (Registered 25 November 1998)
- 14-18 November 1998, to United States of America for conference organised by the British American Project. My travel and hotel costs were met by the conference organisers. (Registered 25 November 1998)
- October 1999, went on a paid visit to Israel that was sponsored by Labour Friends of Israel.
Miscellaneous and unremunerated interests
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Centre for Scottish Public Policy (non-remunerated).
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh) Liaison Committee (non-remunerated).
- Director of the CARD Carers' Centre, Paisley (unremunerated).
- Rt Hon Douglas Alexander MP transcript, Iraq Inquiry, 5 March 2010.
- Redress Editors, Gordon Brown appoints Israel apologist to oversee British media, Redress, 29 June 2007.
- Nick Smith
- The Register of Members' Financial Interests, Part 1 As at 16th November 2011, accessed 23rd November 2011
- Redress Editors, http://www.redress.cc/stooges/redress20070628 Gordon Brown appoints Israel apologist to oversee British media], Redress, 29 June 2007.
- House of Commons Douglas Alexander Register of Members Interests, accessed February 2007
- Nathan Jeffay, Douglas Alexander in Israel border town, Jewish Chronicle, 8 December 2011.
Register of Interests
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK) 20 February 2003, I attended the Brit Awards, accompanied by my wife, as the guests of the British Phonographic Institute. (Registered 21 February 2003)
8. Land and Property Rental of building attached to my house. Rental of flat in Edinburgh