Gita Sen "is the Sir Ratan Tata Chair Professor at the Indian Institute of Management in Bangalore, India and Adjunct Lecturer at the Center for Population and Development Studies, Harvard University. Dr. Sen is also a founding member of DAWN (Development Alternatives with Women for a New Era), a network of Third World researchers, activists, and policy makers working for gender justice. Her recent work focuses on the gender implications of globalization and economic liberalization, population policies, and the equity dimensions of health. Dr. Sen holds a PhD in Economics from Stanford University."
- Council, United Nations University 
- Trustee, Institute of Development Studies 
- Committee Member, UNDP-CSO 
- Former Director, International Women's Health Coalition
- Winner of the 1994 Volvo Environment Prize
- Prize Jury, Volvo Environment Prize