"Born heir apparent of Jammu and Kashmir, Dr. Karan Singh entered government service at the age of eighteen. At thirty-six, he was the youngest person ever to become a Central Cabinet Minister in India. In 1981 Dr. Singh spearheaded a new reform movement with the dual purpose of launching a crusade against untouchability and other undesirable customs that have weakened Hindu society for centuries, and of promoting solidarity and co-ordination among numerous organizations working in the field of reform and social service. More recently he has been active in the environmental and global consciousness movements and also in interfaith dialogue. His appointment in 1989 as Indian Ambassador to the United States received extensive and extremely favorable media coverage in both countries. In addition to his role as International Chairman of the Temple of Understanding, Dr. Singh serves as President of the India Chapter." 
"Dr Karan Singh was for many years Chancellor of Jammu and Kashmir University as well the Benaras Hindu University, Chairman of the Central Sanskrit Board, President of the Authors Guild of India, the Commonwealth Society of India and the Delhi Music Society. He was President of the India International Centre, Chairman of the Auroville Foundation and member of the UNESCO International Commission on Education for the Twenty-first Century. He is Vice Chairman of the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund and Chairman of the Temple of Understanding, a major global interfaith association.
"He founded the International Centre of Science, Culture & Consciousness, which is emerging as an important centre of creative thought. He is Co-Chairman of the recently established World Commission on Global Consciousness & Spirituality. He has set up the India Forum, consisting of concerned citizens from all parts of the country, which acts as a think tank on contemporary issues. He was recently named Co-Chairman of the Indo-French Forum with personal status of Cabinet Minister.
"Dr Karan Singh is associated with many other cultural and academic institutions. He has received honorary doctorates from the Benaras Hindu University, the Aligarh Muslim University and the Soka University, Tokyo. He is member of the prestigious Club of Rome and the Club of Budapest and has been lifelong conservationist, having been Chairman of the Indian Board of Wildlife for many years and head of the spectacularly successful Project Tiger. He is President of the People's Commission on Environment and Development India, and Trustee of the Green Cross International." 
- Chair, Auroville Foundation
- Co-Chair, World Commission on Global Consciousness and Spirituality 
- Member, World Wisdom Council 
- Visionary, The Vision Project 
- International Expert Group, World Council of Religious Leaders 
- Advisory Council, International Center for Religion and Diplomacy 
- Advisory Board (2002), Center for the Global South 
- Fellow, Temenos Academy 
Resources and articles
- Who We Are, Temple of Understanding, accessed July 15, 2007.
- Biographical Note, Karan Singh, accessed August 3, 2008.
- Members, World Commission on Global Consciousness and Spirituality, accessed July 29, 2008.
- World Wisdom Council, Club of Budapest, accessed December 16, 2011.
- Visionaries, The Vision Project, accessed July 29, 2008.
- Leadership, World Council of Religious Leaders, accessed August 26, 2008.
- Advisory Council, International Center for Religion and Diplomacy, accessed August 26, 2008.
- Advisory Board, American University, accessed November 14, 2008.
- Temenos Academy Key Individuals, organizational web page, accessed July 1, 2012.