Knight Capital Group
|Campaign to |
|Company Name||Knight Capital Group|
|CEO Name||Thomas Joyce|
|CEO Retirement Assets||$174,329|
|Annual Company Revenue||$1,404,500,000|
|Federal Lobbying/Political Donations ('09-'12*)||$552,500|
|Click here for sources.|
2011 data unless otherwise noted.
©2013 Center for Media and Democracy
Knight Capital Group is a publicly owned global financial services firm that "provides access to the capital markets across multiple asset classes to a broad network of clients, including buy- and sell- side firms and corporate issuers." The firm was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey. It has four operating segments: Market Making, Institutional Sales and Trading, Electronic Execution Services, and Corporate and Other.
In 2011, Knight Capital Group reported $1,404,500,000 in revenues.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Knight Capital Group is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
Board of Directors
As of January 2013
- Thomas M. Joyce: Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Peter J. Hoffman: Senior Managing Director, Institutional Client Development
- David S. Lehmann: Managing Director, Head of Electronic Execution Services
- Alan Lhota: Senior Managing Director, Co-Head of Institutional Fixed Income
- Robert K. Lyons: Senior Managing Director, Co-Head of Institutional Fixed Income
- Albert C. Maasland: Senior Managing Director, Head of International, Knight Capital Europe Limited
- Joseph C. Mazzella: Senior Managing Director, Head of Institutional Equities
- George Sohos: Senior Managing Director, Head of Market Making
- Robert N. Stein: Senior Managing Director, Head of Global Asset Management
- Leonard J. Amoruso: "Executive Vice President, General Counsel
- Bronwen Bastone: Senior Managing Director, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Steven Bisgay: Executive Vice President, Chief Operation Officer and Chief Financial Officer
- Martin Brand: Managing Director, Black Stone Group
- William L. Bolster: Lead Director, Knight Capital Group, Retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, CNBC International
- James W. Lewis: Retired Managing Director, Morgan Stanley
- James T. Milde: President, Summit Advisors
- Matthew Nimetz: Advisory Director and former Managing Director, General Atlantic
- Christopher C. Quick: Retired Vice Chairman, Bank of America, Global Wealth and Investment Division
- Daniel F. Schmitt: Retired Partner, KPMG
- Laurie M. Shahon: President and Founder, Wilton Capital Group
- Fred J. Tomczyk: President and Chief Executive Officer, TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation
545 Washington Boulevard
Jersey City, New Jersey 07310
Resources and articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security