L. Hunter Lovins
L. Hunter Lovins "is President and founder of the Natural Capitalism Solutions. NCS educates senior decision-makers in business, government and civil society to restore and enhance the natural and human capital while increasing prosperity and quality of life. In partnership with leading thinkers and implementers, NCS creates innovative, practical tools and strategies to enable companies, communities and countries to become more sustainable.
"Trained as a sociologist and lawyer (JD), Hunter co-founded the California Conservation Project (Tree People), and Rocky Mountain Institute, which she led for 20 years. Lovins has consulted for scores of industries and governments worldwide. She has consulted with large and small companies including the International Finance Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell, Interface, Clif Bar and Wal-Mart. Governmental clients include the Pentagon, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Energy and other agencies, numerous cities, and the governments of Jamaica, Australia, and the U.S. She also serves an advisor to the Energy Minister of the Government of Afghanistan.
"Recipient of such honors as the Right Livelihood Award, Lindbergh Award and Leadership in Business, she was named Time Magazine 2000 Hero of the Planet. She has co-authored nine books and hundreds of papers, including the 1999 book, Natural Capitalism and 2006 Climate Protection Manual for Cities. She has served on the boards of governments, non and for profit companies.
"Hunter's areas of expertise include Natural Capitalism, sustainable development, globalization, energy and resource policy, economic development, climate change, land management, and fire rescue and emergency medicine. She developed the Economic Renewal Project and helped write many of its manuals on sustainable community economic development. She is currently a founding Professor of Business at Presidio School of Management, one of the first accredited programs offering an MBA in Sustainable Management." 
- Executive Board, Climate Prosperity Alliance 
- Member, Global Leadership Network 
- Advisory Committee, New Uses Council
- Advisory Board, Carrying Capacity Network 
- Advisory Board, Mesa Refuge 
- Circle of Advisors, Rachel's Network 
- Winner of the 1999 Lindbergh Award 
- Jury Member (2008), Buckminster Fuller Challenge 
- Editorial Board, Solutions Journal 
- Global Advisory Committee, Women and the Green Economy 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- L. Hunter Lovins, Natural Capitalism Solutions, accessed September 14, 2008.
- Climate Prosperity Alliance About, organizational web page, accessed April 29, 2014.
- Global Leadership Network Members, organizational web page, accessed May 5, 2012.
- About, Carrying Capacity Network, accessed September 14, 2008.
- Mesa Refuge About, organizational web page, accessed June 1, 2013.
- Liasons, Rachel's Network, accessed September 17, 2008.
- Lindbergh Award, Charles A. and Anne Morrow Lindbergh Foundation, accessed November 20, 2009.
- Jurors, Buckminster Fuller Challenge, accessed December 8, 2011.
- Solutions Journal Editorial Board, organizational web page, accessed June 18, 2013.
- Earth Day Women and the Green Economy, organizational web page, accessed December 21, 2013.