Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Sustainable Settings is an entrepreneurial non-profit organization that inspires people and communities to embrace integrated solutions for sustainable development." 
Accessed December 2011: 
- Adam Lewis, Chairman of the Board - Founder, Loving Exactly What Is Foundation; past Board Member, The Foundation for The Work Of Byron Katie; Resident of Aspen, CO.
- Peter B. Lewis, Vice Chairman - Founder, Progressive Insurance Company; Chairman of the Board, Guggenheim Museum of Art, New York, NY; Resident of Aspen, CO.
- Brook Le Van, Treasurer - Co-founder Sustainable Settings; Resident of Woody Creek, CO.
- Rose L. Le Van, Secretary - Co-founder Sustainable Settings; Resident of Woody Creek, CO.
- Peter Hawkins - Chairman & CEO, Part Point, Inc.; Resident of Basalt, CO.
- Ross Jacobs - Vice President of Sales, Tetron Incorporated; Resident of Snowmass Village, CO.
- Mike Stranahan - Past Chairman of the Board, Rocky Mountain Institute; past Chairman of the Board, Aspen Center for Environmental Studies; past Board Member of Northface, Inc.; Resident of Aspen, CO.
BOARD MEMBER EMERITUS
- Cavanaugh O'Leary - Associate, Austin, Peirce and Smith, P. C; past Chairman of the Board, American Heart Association – Houston Division; Board Member, MBank San Felipe, Houston, TX; Resident of Aspen, CO.
- Ben Walton - Board member, Walton Family Foundation; Architect; Resident of Aspen, CO
National Advisory Board
Accessed December 2011: 
- Peter Bane - Editor, Permaculture Activist; Co-founder of Earthheaven, Black Mountain, NC
- Bill Browning - Founder, Green Development Services, Rocky Mountain Institute; Co-author, Green Development; Snowmass, CO
- Tom Cardamone & Jody Cardamone - Director & Past Director, Aspen Center for Environmental Studies, Aspen, CO
- Gerry Eskin - Potter; Founder, Information Resources, Inc. Aspen, CO & Chicago, IL
- Paul Hawken - Founder, The Natural Step U.S.A.; Author, Ecology of Commerce, and Co-author, Natural Capitalism; Mill Valley, CA
- Clary Illian - Potter; Author, A Potter’s Workbook; Ely, Iowa
- Wes Jackson - Founder, The Land Institute; Author, Becoming Native to this Place, New Roots for Agriculture; Salina, KS
- Scott Pittman - Executive Director, Permaculture Institute; Co-founder Permaculture Credit Union; Pojaque, NM
- Lucy Lippard - Author, The Lure of the Local, Overlay, Mixed Blessings; Galisteo, NM
- Amory Lovins - Co-founder and Director of Research, Rocky Mountain Institute; Author, Soft Energy Paths, Co-author, Natural Capitalism, Factor Four; Snowmass, CO
- Susan Maxman - FAIA, (former) President; Founder, Susan Maxman Partners, Philadelphia, PA
- Trina Paulus - Agricultural activist; Author, Hope for the Flowers; Montclair, NJ
- Elizabeth Plotke-Giordani - Restauranteur, Campo de Fiore; Aspen, CO
- George Stranahan - Founder, Aspen Center of Physics; Founder, COMPASS; Woody Creek, CO
- John Todd - President, Ocean Arks International; Founder, Living Technologies Inc.; Falmouth, MA
- Randy Udall - Executive Director, Community Office for Resource Efficiency (CORE); Aspen, CO
- Peter Warshall - Biologist; Editor, Whole Earth Review, Tucson, AZ