Cooler Heads Coalition
Cooler Heads Coalition and its website, globalwarming.org, were revived by Consumer Alert's National Consumer Coalition in April 2004. The website and group were formed in May 6, 1997, "to dispel the myths of global warming by exposing flawed economic, scientific and risk analysis." Consumer Alert and National Consumer Coalition are industry friendly groups that oppose regulations on industry and advocate "free market" consumer solutions.
According to its relaunch press release, "The new web site contains a searchable archive of the Cooler Heads Newsletter, dating back to 1996, and offers users the chance to subscribe to the newsletter. This bi-weekly publication analyzes climate change news and events through scientific, economic and political perspectives." 
Its website states: "The risks of global warming are speculative; the risks of global warming policies are all too real." 
Orginally the group was closely tied to the Competitive Enterprise Institute, and still features many of its industry-friendly analyses of ecological issues. Former CEI director Marlo Lewis chaired the Cooler Heads Coaltion. Myron Ebell, CEI's Director of Global Warming and International Environmental Policy, directed it. In March 2001, the nonprofit Clean Air Trust named Ebell its "clean air villain of the month," citing his "ferocious lobbying charge to persuade President Bush to reverse his campaign pledge to control electric utility emissions of carbon dioxide."
- 60 Plus Association
- Alexis de Tocqueville Institution
- American Conservative Union
- American Highway Users Alliance
- American Legislative Exchange Council
- American Policy Center
- Americans for Sovereignty
- Americans for the Preservation of Liberty
- Americans for Tax Reform
- Association of Concerned Taxpayers
- Center for Science and Public Policy of Frontiers of Freedom
- Center for Security Policy
- Center for the Defense of Free Enterprise
- Christian Coalition of America
- Citizens' Alliance for Responsible Energy (New Mexico)
- Citizens for a Sound Economy
- Coalitions for America
- Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow
- Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Consumer Alert
- Council for America
- Defenders of Property Rights
- English First
- Frontiers of Freedom
- George C. Marshall Institute
- Heritage Foundation
- Maine Heritage Policy Center
- Maryland Taxpayers Association, Inc.
- National Center for Policy Analysis
- National Center for Public Policy Research
- National Taxpayers Union
- Pacific Research Institute
- Population Research Institute
- Rhode Island Wiseuse
- Rio Grande Foundation (New Mexico)
- Seniors Coalition
- Small Business Survival Committee
- The Advancement of Sound Science Coalition
- The Independent Institute
- Tradition, Family, Property, Inc.
The Cooler Heads Coalition
c/o Consumer Alert
1001 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 22036
- FreedomWorks, "Cooler HeadsCoalition: A Joint Letter to the U. S. Senate on Global Warming Amendments to the Energy Bill," June 21, 2005.
- "Testimony of David A. Ridenour", Appearing before the House Subcommittee on National Economic Growth, Natural Resources and Regulatory Affairs on Early Action Crediting, July 15, 1999. (David A. Ridenour, the Vice President of The National Center for Public Policy Research was also representing the Cooler Heads Coalition).
- Joel Achenbach, "The Tempest: As evidence mounts that humans are causing dangerous changes in Earth's climate, a handful of skeptics are providing some serious blowback", The Washington Post Magazine, May 28, 2006.